ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco shed Project !!!

Clio 172 Monaco
I have brought my self a Ktec carbon front splitter off a member on here :) & I also brought some bits off him for the inside of my car :) I already have the pillers and handbrake cover in the same stuff by Austin-182 i brought some Alcantara Wing Mirror interior covers for £15 :) and some Alcantara door trim not sure what its called LOL :D

403336C8-E1B9-485D-8520-CC473A8B4E47-4107-000001E033D46D5E_zps4b6bf940.jpg

B20AB9F7-B696-441C-A3AE-A7541D15D957-4107-000001E03CCAB419_zps2d6e0829.jpg

BF98DF46-7319-4E2F-97E4-496C36B421ED-4107-000001E0390E30B4_zpsf110d138.jpg

& here a pic of my grab handles fitted :)

970C90FF-3CD6-4D28-8A2D-29DA1062E4AB-4107-000001E02F3E3A44_zpsb82a5191.jpg

​i also want to get the door covers done in the same stuff :)

Clio 172 Monaco
Can't believe I've owned this car now for a year! From what it was a year ago to what it is now I think is incredible :D

Clio 172 Monaco
I've been toying with the idea of buying some Recaro trendlines but have heard they are uncomfortable on long journeys ?? But I do prefer the Clio 197 Recaros but don't no if they for in a 172 does anyone have any pics or can shed any light on this please :)

PH2 Flamer
It's the one I have. He removed the seats though. I wanted it without as it was over budget with them in and IMO they sat too high. Headrests nearly touching the headliner.

Clio 172 Monaco
Arhh so sounds like my only way would be fitting the Recaro trendlines what are they like on long journeys ?? As I have heard they can get uncomfortable on a long trip

PH2 Flamer
I don't. That picture is from the advert Steve (R-Sport) posted.

I purchased the car, without those seats. Regret it sometimes tbh. It does look awesome now I've looked at it again lol.

Clio 172 Monaco
I rather like them! I've been offered a pair for £600 but they have blisters on the sides what is common and the 1 seat air bag gone off so I would have pay a extra £300 to have it all repaired little too much? Liking the seats in that pic tho!! :D

I rather like them! I've been offered a pair for £600 but they have blisters on the sides what is common and the 1 seat air bag gone off so I would have pay a extra £300 to have it all repaired little too much? Liking the seats in that pic tho!! :D
Sounds like a good deal if you know someone who can fix and maybe reupholster them, I looked on ebay and vxr ones can be found for about 1000 for the interoir including door cards and rear seats so I assume you can change the frames on them over? and then sell the rest to make some money back.

Clio 172 Monaco
The guy just sent me a email offering me another set he deals in broken clios I guess?! He got another set that are mint but the 1 seat air bag again has gone off so would need replacing :) but I don't know how much it would be to replace :/

Clio 172 Monaco
So sad news today :( I parked my car and its very tight for parking where I live but the car in front and behind had loads room and when I returned to my car there was a different car in front of me.
But I noticed on my fresh front bumper after buying it brand new and have it sprayed some t**t has bumped in to while trying to park :mad: and left me a massive scuff on my bumper :( will be going spray shack tomorrow see if he thinks it would polish out or if it needs spray work :( gutted say least! Less than a month old bumper and paint :( people just don't care for other people stuff anymore! :( sorry for the essay LOL
​Will post pics up tomorrow and report back :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
paint left on any car in the street?, find out which idiot needs lessons on how to park and bill them for it !

hate w*****s that do that !

Clio 172 Monaco
I would hunt the t**t down and go mad but there so many student cars and heaps of s**t I really wouldn't know where to start :( I will keep my eye out tho I mean Monaco paint is not easy to cover ;) the t**t who done it lucky i wasn't in the car as I don't think they would be ever talking think I would of gone total rage at them! :( I will fix it though its what we do best on Clio Sport LOL could have been worse could have cracked my bumper or something :/

Clio 172 Monaco
Well I'm back from spray shack and he thinks he can polish it out he put some compound on and you can hardly see the scuff now already! But just needs little bit of a wet sand and a polisher over it and it should all be good! :) I can't stress enough how helpful Simon at spray shack is!! :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
glad its fixable ( without painting again ) :) wish i could do that to mine, the countless times iv hit the garage door frame :dapprove:

Clio 172 Monaco
glad its fixable ( without painting again ) :) wish i could do that to mine, the countless times iv hit the garage door frame :dapprove:

Ouch! Haha would think you would learn after the 2nd time LOL!! DOH! Yeah I'm glad it's all easy to sort out when I get my house I think I will Deffo look for 1 with a drive! Then I will never have this issue :)

Clio 172 Monaco
Well I have managed to get hold of some Recaro treadline seats! & hopefully I have tracked down some aftermarket runners :)
F6A1C3E9-BE5A-4737-BDBA-464DA07FA236-4853-000001FBA0159D72_zps0abc24d7.jpg

6F9E5748-54B9-4337-A5E5-CFA3930AB5A6-4853-000001FB9F7117A0_zps68cd2aef.jpg

​will get some better pics up when they have been cleaned :)

M2 Comp
Nice seats mate! Love what you've done with the car so far.

I see 2118's too! Are they for your car? ;)

Clio 172 Monaco
Nice seats mate! Love what you've done with the car so far.

I see 2118's too! Are they for your car? ;)

Thanks :) and no there not for my car :( the pics are from the guy who was selling them so nothing in the pics other than the seats are mine :) hehe

M2 Comp
Thanks :) and no there not for my car :( the pics are from the guy who was selling them so nothing in the pics other than the seats are mine :) hehe

That's a shame, as they work so well with Monaco.

What else have you got planned?

Clio 172 Monaco
Hope to get the front end wrapped in a protection film to stop the stone chips ect :) and I want to get 2118's for the car :) I also want to respray my boot lid and get it de badged but have the badges logos sprayed on with a 3D effect :) I also want to have my passenger side respray :) other than that I don't think there much more I can do LOL :)

M2 Comp
Hope to get the front end wrapped in a protection film to stop the stone chips ect :) and I want to get 2118's for the car :) I also want to respray my boot lid and get it de badged but have the badges logos sprayed on with a 3D effect :) I also want to have my passenger side respray :) other than that I don't think there much more I can do LOL :)

LOL, you might as well just respray the whole car :p

Where do you get that protection film from then? Sounds interesting!

Clio 172 Monaco
It nearly has been all done haha it's only the roof and whole passenger side and boot that not been touched haha! :) and you have get it wrapped by some1 who does it :) hope at some point midlands car care will do it :)

Clio 172 Monaco
Little update not really done anything but couldn't stop my self taking more pics.
My fiancée owns a 182 artic blue he had his car sprayed at Spray Shack and then detailed at Midlands Car Care his car has done 120,000 :) you wouldn't ever guess! And while we went to pick his car up I decided it would be rude not to get my car a nice wash! By the professionals them selfs :)
They also do some really nice cakes so we picked up 24 Monster cup cakes for the drive :) and for the family when we got home! :D
Milly does her window tints and cake a daisy business her cakes are sooo GOOD!!
null_zps384f0ab1.jpg

Here the 182 artic finish! In Best of show Swissavx
null_zpsecf598a2.jpg

null_zps6397723c.jpg

null_zps97c81602.jpg

null_zps589bd80f.jpg

Now back to my car :D so my car has been detailed by Midlands Car Care less than 1 month a go in Swissvax crystal rock I have only since snow foamed it as I am trying keep it looking as fresh as I can for Clio sport Saturday!

My car was pretty filthy after doing more than 1,000 miles it was full of flys and dirt.
Russ started with the snow foam and then gave the car a good wash down! He then towel dryed it but we noticed where the flys had hit my car even tho they had been removed you could still see where they had been :(
Russ kindly polished the marks off with his polisher then he re applied Swissvax rock on the parts that he had just polished. It worked a treat :)

null_zpsb797cde7.jpg

Waiting for the wax to cure :)
null_zps361a3749.jpg

All clean once again!! :)
null_zps7f4b069e.jpg

When I got home I decided to give the Recaro seats a clean as they was rather filthy from being in a garage for couple months.
i also put some black pen over the tiny fag burn in the passenger seat so it didn't stand out so much! :)

null_zpsfbebf51a.jpg

null_zpsc67e493e.jpg

R

rhys davies

Lovely cars I cant belive how much your fiancee payed for the artic I loved it when I seen it nice work cazzy

Clio sport 182
thanks for the lovely comments the Arctic has com along way and still has a fair few bits todo until im happy with it it was being treated to a summer TLC at Midlands car care after coming from Spray Shack after having the key mark painted out the quarter panel and its going back to spray shack for a new bonnet as it has a combination of damage and rust chips but
Cazzy Car is all up together and having the Recaros hopefully fitted by ClioSport Saturday :clap:

cheers once again for the comments :cool:

182ff
hi,cazzy can you tell me where spray shack is and roughly what would they charge to respray a titan 182 bumper,thanks.

Clio 172 Monaco
hi,cazzy can you tell me where spray shack is and roughly what would they charge to respray a titan 182 bumper,thanks.

He not far he is about hrs drive for me he in Leominster and for a quote I would ask him on here as I wouldn't have a clue :( he a trader on here :) and the work he does is worth every penny! :)