ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco 172

Monaco 172
After saying goodbye to my classic Impreza for a more practical daily I finally bit the bullet and bought myself a 172.
These clios have always been a car I've always wanted to own, going right back to when they first came out and I was still at school. So after a long line of fiestas one of which was throttle bodied, impreza's , golf turbos and a 306 gti6 I finally got one...
And it's brilliant, it's high milage the front bumper needs respraying and it was cheap off a mate but I think they are perfect for what I need right now. It does between 30-40 mpg on the weekly drive between back and to from work ( the main reason I sold the impreza was that it was still only doing low 20s even though all the roads to work are boring A roads) but at the weekend even with the milage it's still incredible fun.
So here it is on the battered set of
182 alloys it came on.
Then this weekend I nipped down to meet up with a member off here and bought a set of cup fitment turinis in anthracite.
Next up is to go through it, make sure it's good for its mot then after that get it lowered on come new shocks and cooksports and take it from there...
20170420_180723.jpg
20170430_171246.jpg
20170430_171322.jpg

RB 182
It's amazing how Turinis can totally change the look of a car, Monaco and Turinis really suit!

Monaco 172
Yeah I was really pleased when I saw them up for sale, they are exactly the colour I wanted too which was a bonus.

Monaco 172
I must admit they do look good with gold wheels it's just having sold my impreza I don't fancy the same body / wheel colour combo

Attachments

• 20170424_132914.jpg
    20170424_132914.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 46
  Monaco 172
Vf24, gc8 sti tmic, walbro 255, decat with scoobyclinic exhaust, scooby clinic remap, comp clutch stage 2 kevlar, gc8 4 pots, miester r coilovers and much more. It went well.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Vf24, gc8 sti tmic, walbro 255, decat with scoobyclinic exhaust, scooby clinic remap, comp clutch stage 2 kevlar, gc8 4 pots, miester r coilovers and much more. It went well.
Oh nice. My last one was very similar spec wise. Perfect spec imo, quick enough but not too messed with.

You had the best colour too!

Monaco 172
It was the colour that sold it for me, that the history and the prodrive rear wing. Sad times but it had to go.

Monaco 172
20170512_213517.jpg
Thanks to sombody pulling out from behind a parked car and me having to mount a curb I now have a pretty badly knocked up turini. Thankfully the rear on the same side took no damage aswell. Oh and the steering is off centre now too... the joys.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Car looks nice, wheels not so now! Did you get their details or reg no?
Back to your first post, that 19 looks tidy too. Any inifo on it?

Monaco 172
I didn't have any time, it was a quick flinch to get out the way. Luckily it was the wheel that needed refurbish the most. The 19 is Jay's from @RevLimitUK it's a bit of a project as it had been stored in a barn for years.