ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modifications...

1.2 16v Dynamique
Right, I've just come into a tidy sum of money (wont say how) and want to spend it on the car. Got a max budget of £1200. I know its only a 1.2 but I really cant afford to pay £3k a year insurance on a 172. So, any suggestions? Bearing in mind I'm not a fan of the exterior mods, and stick on bits & bobs, want my mods to be useful. I've got a few Ideas so far:

• Coilovers
  • Steering Wheel
  • Full Clay & Polish
  • Upgrade Headunit and Components
It'd be useful if you could advise me on the best set-up for the coilovers, components and cleaning products.

Also, if I remove the airbag unit, can a valver steering wheel be 'fitted' into a Mk2 Ph2, as these wheels are the sex...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
pics of ur car just now.

Coils, colourcode and cup spoiler for me. Then one hell of a nite out!

1.2 16v Dynamique
I'll take some pics tonight, keep meaning to, but I'm just lazy.
Only got the standard Dynamique alloys on at present, but they're in mint condition. Wouldnt mind some turinis though...

Oh and all the car is totally standard.

Turbos.
Don't blow it all, if you've come into money then i would try and save some of it for something a bit more productive!

I would defo start with coilovers though and go from there.

1.2 16v Dynamique
Thats not all the money, put some more away for a deposit/bond on a flat next month...

Who should I be looking at to get hold of decent coilovers then?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
keep standard 15s get some good 50 profile tyres on them, slam it 80mm on coilovers, upgraded brake, catback exhaust with sports/decat, panel filter, pioneer headunit with amp and components of your choice.

thats what id do :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
tr1pp1n said:
Use you head and invest/save, not much point wasting all that money on a 1.2

you could say that but then is there much point in you "wasting" the 12k or so you payed for your trophy on a clio, what about 30k for a V6 is there much point in that?

its only money you always earn more :)

1.2 16v Dynamique
Martin_89 said:
keep standard 15s get some good 50 profile tyres on them, slam it 80mm on coilovers, upgraded brake, catback exhaust with sports/decat, panel filter, pioneer headunit with amp and components of your choice.

I've got a max budget of £1200, doubt it'd cover all that...
Also saved much more for my flat, which I'll be moving into soon.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
What head unit you looking for? I got this for about £500. (included fitting costs and a mulit cd changer in the glove box)

Clio 5.jpg

You could obviously leave out the cd changer and get upgraded speakers instead.

1.2 16v Dynamique
Not really fussed over the CD changer, the Headunit I want would have to be iPod compatible. Was looking at some Blaupunkt (sp?) ones in Halfrauds a couple of weeks ago, they're nice...

Golf GTD
get your headunit off the net.

caraudiosecurity.com

and

caraudiodirect.co.uk

all come highly rated

al

ST on the way...
If you do get rid of your dynamique wheels mate let me know, i'm on the look out for a mint set :D

133/225/CLS AMG
Don't buy a headunit from Halfords, unless you want your pants pulled down violently!! lol

Try the sites above or www.caraudiocentre.co.uk

Headunit - £200
Components - £100
4 Channel amp - £150+
12" Sub - £100

Thats £550 on a decent set up, then spend the rest on lowering the car, then maybe a nice exhaust. Maybe it subtly styled and as its 1.2 don't spend money on 'performance' style stuff.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Keep the money in the bank - you will spend £1200 on your car and it wont be any better + when you come to sell it, it will be worth less modded than in standard trim. Save it up until you can afford something faster.

1.2 16v Dynamique
Al - Dont think I'd be getting some more alloys, as these are minters. If I do, you got first dibs.
AlexJmills - Sounds good, but I'm no boy racer drum n bass head, just want a nice clean crisp sound, is a sub really necessary?
MattBlack - The way I see it is, I'll be keeping this car for a couple more years now, til I can afford the insurance on a 172, which means the car will be worthless anyway. Plus I've got other money stashed away for different things, this has been earmarked for only the car.

1.2 16v Dynamique
Wouldn't have a 106 if it was given to me. Horrible horrible cars.
And I've got my heart set on the 172 tbh.

Martin_89 said:

then you have a car that's still slow, but handles really well, but are £1200+ out of pocket... makes no sense to me. put a 2.0 in the fucker and upgrade the brakes and suspension... go engine first though imo :evil:

Clio 182
Don't bother with coilovers on a 1.2, go for springs instead. They will still lower it considerably and you will be left with even more money for other mods.

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
Just don't spend money on a 1.2 - it's a 1.2!

Sell it and use the £1200 to get something with better engine and suspension in the first place. Grr

Clio 182
Also look around for 2nd hand audio equipment rather then brand new. Prefebly off here ( you will be pretty sure its in perfect condition). I got all my audio equipment 2nd hand and got a good set up for half the price. Makes me sound like a cheap skate but the money I saved went towards my beer fund!

Leon Cupra R 225
just get a pioneer DEH, any of them. Ive got a PMP-80 and it pisses all over most h-units. Pio are the top dog for ICE IMO.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
colourcoding deffo inc spoiler
lower it somehow,if the roads are bad near you prepair to buckle your mint alloys.
id stick some decent speakrs in the back, personally dont think theres anything wrong with the renault headunit and the steering wheel controls will never work the same again if your put a different HU in!

also silvervisions nice ariel clear side repeaters all make a nice change, assuming its the same as my mk2 ph2