ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modification Suggestions

hopefully buying my self a Clio soon 1.4 Dynamique. looking at doing some subtle mods to the car. any suggestions into what i should/can do as don't know what i can buy for a MK2 Phase 2 Clio. Such as, smoked rear lights, side repeaters, different grille etc. Pics also welcome :p

ta

Last edited:
how much would you concider lowering it? 60mm with springs and shocks.

what kind of alloys? 5 spoke, multispoke etc.

do the Renault and Clio badges leave holes in your boot or they peel off after heated?

Last edited:
  Clio 01 1.2 8v - Rapid
Hey

I've done my badges too, they are not stuck on with glue they are held with clips. If you take them off the leave holes so your only alternative is to paint them or leave them, or if you've got the dollar hame the boot smoothed. The side strips simply slide off (i had to soak mine in WD40 first). I've colour coded bits of mine and done propperly it looks pucker.

Not too good with the lowering bit, but the way i see it if you drop it more than 40mm you'll need new shocks to do it propperly.

Dan

baznett_2006 said:
how much would you concider lowering it? 60mm with springs and shocks.

what kind of alloys? 5 spoke, multispoke etc.

do the Renault and Clio badges leave holes in your boot or they peel off after heated?
I'd spend the money on K coilovers there not cheap at about £450 but well worth it.
The will let you go down about 80mm all round.
I live the turini alloys which are multispoke from the 172 Cup which are 16's but everyone seems to do that.

172 coming soon
DONT drop it 80mm, or anywhere near that if y drive on roads that are in any way bumpy..

My roof has started to crack due to being lowered so much.. :mad:

looks well, handles well, andgoes well, but im constantly getting showered by downfalls from the roof-lining now, due to the cracks in the roof skin..

slow_assed_clio said:
DONT drop it 80mm, or anywhere near that if y drive on roads that are in any way bumpy..

looks well, handles well, andgoes well, but im constantly getting showered by downfalls from the roof-lining now, due to the cracks in the roof skin..

how much you lowered mate? 60mm looks the dogs on the saxo, so thinking would be same on the Clio :p so was thinking of going down 60mm removing badges and getting the holes smoothed over.

Meg on pistonheads £6995
keep it subtle - 16s or 17s and a 40mm drop

also a little bit on 172/182 detail - Reno OE leather gear knob, Reno Sport sill strips!

Silvervision indicator lenses

silver door badges

slow_assed_clio said:

My car was dropped 60mm on a hard Spax setup and freds down about 100mm on a very very hard custom setup and nither of us have bent our roofs (Freds was bent before hand so that doesn't realy count.
If the sunroof leaks then you've other problems.