ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modifcations and Warranties

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Hi,
I have a toxic emission light that flickers on the dash board every now and then and I want to get it sorted.

I have a one year warranty left on my cup, but I have a cat back exhaust system on.

My questions is will the cat back system invalidate the warranty? Has any one had any experience of warranty work on a modded 182?

What is Renaults general attitude towards mods and warranties?

What if they say its invalidated, is there anything I can say to them?? what's the legal stand point?

Thanks

80MPG BEEZA
well since as though the emmisions light is to do with your exhaust and you've changed it they wont do warranty on it if it was something else however they probably would

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
So, if they trace the falut back to the exhaust ie: lambe sensor or something then they would prob refuse, so if they found it was the coil pack or a faulty injector they might do it?

I will be so mad if they invalidate the warrenty. I guess I could try other dealers.

80MPG BEEZA
its probably lambda sensor sensor i just think they wont do it for free as you've changed your exhaust and its part of that whats gone wrong.

say you'd changed your springs and you had the light the two couldnt be connected in anyway, where as the emissions light and the exhaust can be connected

Clio 197
You might get away with it if you put the original exhaust back on before you take it back if you still have it.

ST
Yeah as Ant said, get the standard system back on and you'll be reet mate..

I had 3 standard exhaust systems under warranty...

To be honest I had no problems with warranty with my stainless steel exhaust on. Only a few months before warranty run out I had light up on the dash which was one of those sensors on the cat which they changed no problems... I imagine you would be ok..

Rob.

No more clio's for me!
I had sh1t loads of mods on my old 1.2 dynam, all of which affected its mechanics, and i had some work done on warranty. Depends on the garage i suppose? :S

Good luck getting it sorted.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
thanks guys wish me luck.

Is there anything I can say to them to make them honour warrenty or am i at their mercy? :-(

80MPG BEEZA
thanks guys wish me luck.

Is there anything I can say to them to make them honour warrenty or am i at their mercy? :-(

just if they mention the zrst and say its due to that say in no way does it affect the working performance of the faulty part