ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

moddings for dci engine 65

clio
i have a dci 65 wana make it a bit more faster.

has anybody gt one?
what have you done?

is a remap worth it and how much is it faster with one?
thanks

Abarth 500 Essesse
i've heard they aren't that reliable and die if you try and get too much out of them, could be wrong,

?
Remaps the most cost effective and most common mod for DCI's afaik, although i have heard mixed opinions on there reliability. seems to be luck of the draw tbh, you may not have any problems after a remap... or you may have many!

Remaps the most cost effective and most common mod for DCI's afaik, although i have heard mixed opinions on there reliability. seems to be luck of the draw tbh, you may not have any problems after a remap... or you may have many!
Does depends who is doing the mapping more than anything
i've heard they aren't that reliable and die if you try and get too much out of them, could be wrong,
depends who's mapping. they don't realy die just kill parts which are pushed the engine itself strong.
i have a dci 65 wana make it a bit more faster.

has anybody gt one?
what have you done?

is a remap worth it and how much is it faster with one?
thanks
remap is good value but best srat with the biggest engine power wise and tune that as a remaped 65 is only 90 or so best which isn't far off what an 80 makses stock as it got an intercooler different boost demands and bigger injectros.

Clio SB07 w/ k9k704
I've got a k9k704 since 2002 with about 179000km ( split by 1.6 and you'll get the miles) and no problems with the engine, turbo nor injectors. Mine is still stock.

Before the remapping you should install the dci 100bhp intercooler or a 320d intercooler from BMW. With the turbo boost increased to 1.2 bar (the same of an 80) and a well made remap you may expect something like 80 to 90 bhp (depending on your interess - graph lines or numbers).

You can also change the injectors (to the ones on the 80/100 bhp) and swap the turbo (something like a vnt15). You may be looking to ~100 to 110bhp. After this you'll have to re-enforce the clutch and start looking for a longer gearbox.

It may be easier just to swap for a dci 105 engine and gearbox (and the rest...). It would be kick @ss project and you would be looking at something like 140bhp just by remapping.