ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile phones and warranty/replacements?

Da

Less
Looking for some 'in the know' knowledge here please...

I have a Nokia X6 on contract with O2, the phone is presently less than a year old, I've had it 12 months in March.

So, anyway, the screen started playing up about a month ago now, so I sent it off to O2 who had it for two weeks and returned it to me with a new screen and all seemed well. Upon using the phone I discovered that it had now developed a new 'fault' whilst away for repair. It now seems like the earpiece is loose within it's casing and it's very echoey (SP?) when making/receiveng calls.

I have spoken to O2 about this and they have agreed to replace the phone FOC, but have stated that it will be replaced with a refurbished model and not a brand new phone.

I'm not happy with this as I am ultimately paying a contract for a brand new phone, and they're trying to fob me off with a refurb...is this right? Am I within my rights to request a brand new phone?

Surely if a product is faulty within the 12 months warranty then it should be replaced with a new unit? :S

Nokia's carry a 24 month warranty ;).

Also if it is repaired 3 times then they have to supply a new unit iirc.

I had this last month. Got to my 3rd replacement blackberry 9700 that lasted a week and they said they wont repair it anymore so gave me a brand new 9780 foc.

Da

Less
Yeah I was aware of the 24 month thing, I just wasn't sure on the new-for-old issues outside of 12 months :)

I've had issues with Nokia's before, and they've normally been sorted easily, but this is just dragging on a bit now and it's a pain being without my phone whilst it's away for repair :dapprove: