ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile phone insurance

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi all.. ive got a Galaxy S3 and im looking to get some insurance for it.

Had a quick search through here but i cant seem to find anything.

I know alot of banks offer cover but i dont want to change bank accounts so im not looking for that!

So, who are you with and what experiences have you had?

Renault Clio MK4 RS
before i went over to my bank one for phone insurance i was with geeksquad through caraphone warehouse. It was £10 a month. Covered for anything and the excess was £60 and a replacement phone next day i think it was.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive got Contents insurance for my flat but the excess is £250 so its not really that great!

Do you need to pay a deposit for the insurance the same as you would for car insurance?

Ill take a look at the ones mentioned :)

Thanks!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
How much is a second hand S3, under £300? Really don't see the point in mobile insurance.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've had a mobile phone for probably 10years now, so say at £10 a month that's £1200 pounds, I've never lost/broke a phone so I'm £1200 up, so if I do ever break one, I'll still be quids in.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I've had a mobile phone for probably 10years now, so say at £10 a month that's £1200 pounds, I've never lost/broke a phone so I'm £1200 up, so if I do ever break one, I'll still be quids in.

Lucky you! But thats like me saying, ive never crashed my car so no one else will...

Fiesta ST-3

That's the thing about insurance. You hope never to have to claim but it relies on that one time you do.

I've personally claimed twice on two separate IPhones. I certainly couldn't afford to shell out £500 for a new one. That said I get my cover free with work.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
From an economist point of view, never insure things you can afford to buy yourself.

​Lol at comparing it to car insurance.

I just renewed my iphone's insurance with InsureandGo

£62.50 for the year and a £25 excess. They have cheaper and more expensive options depending on how much cover you need. I've never claimed with them yet

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I created a thread asking for some mobile phone insurance companies.

I didnt create a thread for someone to tell me i dont need insurance, thanks.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I just renewed my iphone's insurance with InsureandGo

£62.50 for the year and a £25 excess. They have cheaper and more expensive options depending on how much cover you need. I've never claimed with them yet

I've not had a chance yet but ill need to check them out! Thanks.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
When I had insurance on my S2, it was with my service provider (O2) - after a year, I chose not to upgrade and still have the S2 and no longer insure it because it's not worth much these days - I learnt my lesson not insuring my 3GS back when they were new - never lost/damaged a phone before and then lost it on a night out and had to wait out the contract for another 18 months using a cheap Samsung - bad times. Went with my provider because although not the cheapest, seemed the easiest to deal with, because it was just a bolt-on as part of my contract, rather than provided by a separate company.