ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MKV file - Help

Clio172
I have a HD DVD sample. Its in zip format which i have unzipped and this format comes up MKV. How do I play this file?.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I use WinAVI to convert the MKV file to AVI format. I downloaded a few episodes of Nip Tuck in HD and also the Extras Christmas Special in MKV format. Had to convert them so my DVD/DivX plater could play them.

Type "MKV to DVD" in Google for more help :)

RB 182
Download VLC player and that will do it, if for some reason it doesn't then install the K-Lite codec pack.

Clio172
Thanks for the replies. If i convert it from MKV to AVI will this impact on the quality i.e it wont play in HD quality.

Clio 172mk2
id say yes same if the avi quality is at the same res ect as the original format

but why would u want to

Clio172
If this impacts on quality could i just run my laptop straight through my hdmi output into my tv hdmi input?. The mkv file will it still run ok?.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
there is a big thread on mkv's which i started so do a search on that.

a simple solution for pc viewing is installing the cccp codecs. They work nicely.

how it runs will depends on the spec of your laptop and at what resolution you're trying to display