ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK4 DCI

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Just checking out the mk4 for my daily 100mile commute and noticed that they get 88.3mpg extra urban and 83 combined.

How genuine is that MPG in the real world?

Are there any major issues with the mk4?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Bullet proof, no issues to report.

My wife done 160k in a 14 plate over 5yrs, I done oil and filter every 18k and brakes when it needed them, probably 6 sets of front tyres and it was still on it's original rears. Was never back to a dealership in the 5 years we had it, sailed it's 2 MOT's too! Not an advisory at 160k!

She averaged about 58mpg but it was driven hard and running bluefin which is a must, transforms it and makes use of the long gearing which can feel a bit odd standard.

Just swapped it for a new 900cc 3cyl turbo one and it's no where nice to drive and doing 40mpg at a push! (Again she's quite hard on it)

If you shop aboit, for only around a year from the facelift onwards (66/17 plate) they offered the dci110 with a 6 speed box, dropped it as it was a poor seller due to being expensive but they drive lovely!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Just checking out the mk4 for my daily 100mile commute and noticed that they get 88.3mpg extra urban and 83 combined.

How genuine is that MPG in the real world?

Are there any major issues with the mk4?
I get 100+mpg regularly by doing 55-60mph. It's a comfortable place to be too, music system is pretty good aswell . No tax is a bonus. Mine hasn't needed anything in a year and a half.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
N
100mpg?!!!
No bullshit either. The dash only reads to 99.9mpg , it does current mpg and overall mpg. I do a lot of motorway driving, up and down the M40, M4 and A34. I also check diesel receipts from filling up which back it up.

You do have to drive slower, always have eco button on.

I guess if you drive at 85mph everywhere you will still get 80mpg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Are lass has got a 2015 mk4 DCI and she gets pretty much 60mpg everywhere. That's a real mix of driving and commuting in stop start traffic. The chassis is brilliant as well, can proper lob it into corners and it'll go where you point it. I imagine the RS to be great fun.

Anymore info on the Bluefin @Martin_172? Does this improve mpg or just the driveability?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I get 100+mpg regularly by doing 55-60mph. It's a comfortable place to be too, music system is pretty good aswell . No tax is a bonus. Mine hasn't needed anything in a year and a half.
You average 100mpg over say 100 miles? Surely that trip computer is broken. I can drive pretty economical but 70mpg on a long trip is about the best I could ever manage

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
My Mr's has a 2015 edc one which she's put 48k on in 3 years. She never resets the computer and it's showing 62mpg. She hustles it up and down the motorway and quarter of a mile to the supermarket every other day, it does a full on combined cycle! It's been to Renault for a recall and I get it serviced locally and apart from a squeal that I've never heard it's been reliable with no issues. It's had 4 new tyres on and front brakes twice.