ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 clio AP coilover help?!

1.2 16v
Fitted my front coilovers, new drop links and track rod ends with little hassle.

Came to the back which should've been easier, however there must be a part hasn't come, as I'm retarded this probably won't make much sense, on top of the shocker is a nut, then a part that turns on above that as sort of a locking nut to stop the top nut rattling free, however new ones didn't come with the coilovers and the standard ones have a different thread size.

Am I unfortunately missing a part or something else?

1.2 16v
Fitted my front coilovers, new drop links and track rod ends with little hassle.

Came to the back which should've been easier, however there must be a part hasn't come, as I'm retarded this probably won't make much sense, on top of the shocker is a nut, then a part that turns on above that as sort of a locking nut to stop the top nut rattling free, however new ones didn't come with the coilovers and the standard ones have a different thread size.

Am I unfortunately missing a part or something else?

Just asked my mate what they were, washers for the top nut?

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah them... Is that not risky as f*ck? Size do they need drilled to?

No, they're just a bush basically, and the rubber part is doing all the work.

The sleeve just slips over the top of the rear shock as a guide.

Have a search on here, but I think it's another 1 or 2mm as to what it is now.

1.2 16v
In fact, I've found it for you - it's 10mm

Cheers mate you're a star!

null_zps281f8e13.jpg

Cheeky pic of how it's sitting on the back ATM, AP spring, no adjuster, standard shock. No pic of the front cos it needs lowering more.

MK3 Clio 2007 1.4
i am having the exact same problem, i have my factory rear shock top mounts with the metal sleeve but it does not fit on the AP rear strut, what are my options ??

Thankyou!