ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK3 Clio 1.5 DCI 5 door

Renault clio Mk 3
This is my 57 plate Renault clio 1.5 DCI. I have owned the car for about 4 months after my brother had it for a while. I purchased while it was completely standard. I have done all the changes myself to keep the cost down.

frontthen_zps262138a9.jpg

dsidethen_zpse48bba32.jpg

Psidethen_zps7dd3dc0c.jpg

insidethen_zpsaa950122.jpg

Since I brought it I have done the following:

Fitted a sony CDX-570ui
Sprayed the Air vent surrounds
Wrapped the Dashboard trim
Resprayed the bump strips black and the bullets orange
Colour coded the door handles
Plasti dipped the badges
Removed the rear 'Clio' badge
Fitted new Alloys
Sprayed the callipers

Psidenow_zpsbaeffe45.jpg

frontnow_zps80f7aeb2.jpg

Dsidenow_zps81791fc2.jpg

rearnow_zps3953458e.jpg

InsideNow_zps666d566a.jpg

The new Alloys that only cost me £70 and I refurbished myself

TWS catalunya 15 inch

Wheelsnow_zpseb32fd5e.jpg

And obviously the the cliosport.net sticker on the rear window

DSC06703_zpsb600a26b.jpg

Things I have got planned:

Fit lowering springs
Spacers on the rear
Smoothed bumpers

Arctic 182FF
Good to see some more dcis on here! I personally think that 15" wheels look a bit small on a mk3 so I would've gone for either 16" or 17" tbh. If I was you I'd go for coilovers rather than lowering springs since it sits so high standard, you'd be better off as they're adjustable so you can have whatever height you want. If you do get it lowered, it'd be worth getting some spacers all around too to get the wheels to sit nicely in the arches. However, I understand you may be on a budget so all of this stuff won't come at once.

With it being a diesel, it'll respond well to a remap. I'm not sure which model you have (65, 82, or 106), but whichever one it is, I'd get a remap for increased fuel efficiency and power.

I can't quite make out from the pictures what tyres you have fitted to your wheels, but it's definitely worth getting a decent set of tyres, in my experience it completely transforms the handling when you go from budget tyres to decent ones.

Nice work with the colour coding though! Not a big fan of the orange or the stickerbombing but if it's to your taste then by all means keep it.

Renault clio Mk 3
cheers, just brought a complete set of 197 seats that will be fitted towards the end of this week

Clio mk3
Looking good bud,nice to see another mk3:) mines lowered 40mm with 20mm spacers on the rear and it looks much better and handles better.

But if you can afford it go for coilovers,much better.

Renault clio Mk 3
Little update:

Lowered but only 30mm but that will do me just fine
Spacers on the rear
Managed to fit the 197 interior much comfier now
Recently purchased a ph2 rear bumper just trying to find the rear fogs to go in the bottom holes