ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 Brakes Squeeeal like a pig!

Scirocco GT 2.0
Evening All,

My clio has recently started to squeal when turning around corners (especially left bends) or turning slightly to the left before going around a round-about when i'm not even touching the brakes!
Sometimes they will squeak when coming to a stop and sometimes they won't and occasionally I get some very slight judder when going round slight bends at normal speeds and also it feels like i'm driving with the brakes on a bit.

What could it be?

Any help appreciated because it is getting on my tits. If it isn't something simple, i'm taking it back to Renault because it is only a year old!

Thanks,

:cheers:

EDIT: It also seems to roll more than usual round corners, I don't know if that could be related?

Last edited:
  E30 318iS x2
Just take it back to renault and get them to do it any way what warrenty is for.

They'll do either of two things (so be wise): give it back and say they can't find any fault with it or 'fix' it charge you a fortune and it still carrys on.

Mk3's roll any way just what they do.

I recon one of my rear disc's are warped as at low speeds like 5mph i can hear them touching and it judders it i brake hard on a slight bend.

Scirocco GT 2.0
Took it in to Renault today, they couldn't find anything wrong apparently, but acknowledged they were squeaking even when not being touched, so he cleaned the brakes and blagged it was just brake dust build up.

Was fine for about 30 minutes.

Now they are worse as ever.

Fed up with the squeal, i'm taking matters into my own hands now, what can I check/do myself?

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
its probably the pads making slight contact with the discs when turning the wheel.

mine did this for about 1k miles after i had new discs and pads.

Scirocco GT 2.0
its probably the pads making slight contact with the discs when turning the wheel.

mine did this for about 1k miles after i had new discs and pads.

Yeah that would make sense as it has recently been serviced/adjusted etc.

but would turning + brake squeal affect the back wheels?

Front ones are ok

White Sti Hatch
£10 says its the rear brakes as mine are the exact same they stick like a mother b**ch !! renault pish !

Get some WD40 and spray it on the rubber covers on the callipers should solve it for a lil while.

I need to get mine of n give them a clean to solve it for good