ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 ph1 with a few problems. MOT advice needed!

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
Hey guys, so the missus mum just bought an Clio Alize on a 51 plate, with 80k on the Clock for the low price of £500. However it seems to have a few problems (obviously at that price).

First is the passenger window. I took the door panel off an discovered that the motor is screwed and the window is being held up by two planks of wood. The problem is the mot is due an the money isn't there to get it fixed before. Will it effect the MOT?!

Also the central locking has stopped working, both using the key wirelessly and in the door. I've checked the fuse am wondering what it is? Any ideas on what else to look for?

Cheers as always for any advice you can give me guys.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Windows are not testable mate so as long as the doors open and shut they won't care. Does the CL button in the dash work? It could be a general fault with the door looms or a simple fuse issue and even though I'm confident it won't be rocket science to get it all working again it really needs looking at before I'd be able to offer any serious help on that.

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
Yea I was thinking the same when I seen it was a 51 plate. Maybe a pre-facelift after sale? I know when I was at vauxhall we used to sell pre-facelifts at a lowered cost an register them on new plates.

An thanks mick, that's her main worry out the way. I'll take another look at the CL tomorrow. Only ha a quick cheeky look earlier. Haven't even disconnected the battery yet lol. Cheers again guys.