ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Ph1 Immobilser Problem

Anyone know how to fix this...
When the ignition is turned on the light keeps flashing repeatedly, doesnt go off and obviously the car wont start.
The manual says either the car doesnt recognise the key or there is a fault with immobiliser.

Anyone able to help?
Thanks
Craig

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
if it flashes that means its working.
if it stays on its armed.
does it crank/turn over?

its turnin over but not starting and the light doesnt go off like it should jus stays on and keeps flashin...

Is it the key then?

Ive heard that u can turn ignition on... hold central lockin button down then take key out and put it back in or sumthin.... aparently that works... ne1 kno?

Yozza'd Titanium 182
I have just got of the phone to a company called camco 88 im going to collect it now.

I get discount from here so basically you need to go to renault.
New key plus having it coded plus hours labour is about 150

This is one of the most common faults with clios

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
I have had problems for months with mine, in the end I shoved a second battery inside the back of the main board inside the key (it may be a squeeze to put the key casing back together) and it works every time!!

If anyone else tries this let me know how you get on!!

Beforehand it took me 5-10 mins each time to start the bleedin' thing!

have the same problem with mine ,, needed to get new keys , they arrive on monday,, in the meantime to start it , put the key in , turn ignition on then flick it on and off fast for about 10 seconds , press the button then start car ,, works everytime for me , hope this helps

jay

well ive got a code to deactivate the immobiliser and then to reactivate it and code it to the existing key... hope this works... if it does ill glady share the info with everyone :)