ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Ph1 bonnet.. can it fit in the boot?

PH1 172
Martin_172 luckily you have the vent on the bonnet to help you out lol. Not really fancying trying to tie a normal bonnet to the roof rack and drive it home over 3 hours lol

It dosn't need to if the person selling it is willing to help you swop it over ;)

True but then what do I do with my bonnet to get it home? lol

172 cup
We will find a way to get it in there mate, just thinking im sure you'd be more bothered if the new one got slightly damaged

PH1 172
Forgot to say I don't have any back seats so it's completely empty in the back.

We will find a way to get it in there mate, just thinking im sure you'd be more bothered if the new one got slightly damaged

Well the trouble is my normal bonnet is in very good condition as well except a couple of very small stone chips so would be nice to sell on.... will have a think mate as it may be easier/cheaper to see if a mate has a diesel van ;)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Grab your car keys.

Get a tape measure .. go to your bonnet ....

See if you can work the rest out ;)

If you want it, I've got a f**k load of bubble wrap about a metre high on a roll ?

172 cup
coming to think of it Ive got a fair bit of bubble wrap we could put on the edges where ever its touching in boot

PH1 172
drive there with no bonnet

I would if it was not that far but not sure driving 170miles is a good idea lol

Grab your car keys.

Get a tape measure .. go to your bonnet ....

See if you can work the rest out ;)

If you want it, I've got a f**k load of bubble wrap about a metre high on a roll ?

Can't work out the rest mate lol....... I have thought about doing this but it's a pain in the back side to work out if something as awkward as a bonnet will fit in at a weird angle as I know it won't go straight in vertical or horizontal ;)

Cheers for the offer of bubble wrap chaps.... this may come in handy if it goes on the roof rack haha

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
drive there, swap the bonnets over, fold the old one in half and stick it in the boot! lol