ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 PH1 1.2 Grande - My First Car

Going for a new night style on the pics, light was filled in with an LED torch or passers by and the camera on around 25" Shu.Sp, F/. (Auto) No Flash Used

DSCF3535-1.jpg

DSCF3545.jpg

DSCF3547.jpg

DSCF3548.jpg

RS197
There is one or two sets of dual optic headlights currently up for sale in the classifieds ;) They would do wonders for brightening up the front, I know you recently just got new condition original set but I'm sure you would be able to sell your them in your local area using Gumtree!

So, nothing much has changed in the past month apart from a few stickers here and there, mostly fixing things that have gone wrong. Needs a good clean, but this is how it stands.

cliopic_zps0924a0ec.jpg

and after a bit of wizardry in photoshop i get another dream machine :) enjoy.

cliopic2_zps09940258.jpg

So it's been a while since ive posted anything worthwhile on here so this month ive spent a bit of money (mostly cleaning stuff) trying to get it looking nicer.

So a few things i've done
- Fog lights
- Colour coded all three badges and wing mirrors
- K&N Air Filter
- Black out the middle grille
- Took the tow strap off
- Rear De-wiper and motor took out

and some pics:

1-3.png

4.jpg

2-2.jpg

7.jpg

3-1.jpg

6.jpg

1-3.png

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
So after about an hour on photoshop, ive really gone all out in trying to make it how i would like it next year, so these are the plans for next year when my insurance comes down and i can declare everything, im guessing my insurance will stay the same if i declare the stuff, no point in running the risk not declaring imo.

So the plans:
Bigger splitter
Front Fogs
Turinis
Dual optics
Lowered
Colour Coding

thedream.jpg

The f**k mate! Your photoshopping skills are awesome! Nice work will look ace if it turns out like this

TT QS
Looks tidy. Love all the photoshops you've done. Just keep the plate where it is IMO. Get a smaller one.
If it turns out like the one with white wheels itll be stunning

The f**k mate! Your photoshopping skills are awesome! Nice work will look ace if it turns out like this

Tbh, if I've still got it in August, it will look like that, only difference to that list, I think I might do a 172 rep, not sure if I could live with a 107k 1.2 next year that's the only thing

Im into the more subtle mods so heres a few more bits that ive done

172 RenaultSport Door Sill Strips (in perfect condition, its just water on the letters):

850bde74c2ef35f7c57ad033976eddf3.jpg

Black gear gaitor and carbon wrapped hazard switch then wrapped it in clear vinyl to give it a real look (looks sexy).

8cbf02472bb949b2c8087773ae053071.jpg

6dcbcc71dda8c110ccac979c7c9d84dc.jpg

Wrapped the headlight leveling panel:

151bcc9aeb1832ce51ed7c277be888d7.jpg

172 Chrome Interior Handles:

89e79806d3cd106631d0f68837458315.jpg

c97228d25abd4da74c9d51649d6cc05e.jpg

German V6
The photoshop looked really good, not a big fan of the steelies but make sure the next thing you do is lower it.

So another month has gone by and a few more things to report:

Changed the dash clock to blue and sanded down the orange strip:

temporary-35.jpg

and i found these trims for £20 on ebay, personally the most turini looking trims and they look pretty decent:

temporary-39.jpg

temporary-38.jpg

temporary-36.jpg

temporary-41.jpg

and looking a lot better than the steelies.

Last edited:
Just a quick note, your rear lights aren't wired up properly. The top "triangle" section is supposed to be the fog lights and the bottom red section is supposed to be side lights/brake lights.

I think you need Ph2 bulbholders and the wiring re-done to achieve that though.

Apart from that, it looks decent, similar to my first Clio infact.

Just a quick note, your rear lights aren't wired up properly. The top "triangle" section is supposed to be the fog lights and the bottom red section is supposed to be side lights/brake lights.

I think you need Ph2 bulbholders and the wiring re-done to achieve that though.

Apart from that, it looks decent, similar to my first Clio infact.

Thanks mate, yer i just cut away the moulding on the light and put my old bulb holder in didnt realise there was a problem, i get them sorted thanks again.

Liking the way it looks atm, taken the yellow tint off the fogs (got a bit bored and wanted a clean look) and bought some wind deflectors that i won on ebay for £15 well chuffed.

2013-03-15105646.jpg

2013-03-14131001.jpg

2013-03-14131118.jpg

My insurance won't let me declare or have any modifications I'm just going to wait till it ends I've got a quote for 750 with lowing, exhaust, colour coded, spoiler, fogs, alloys etc all declared at 21 it's not worth the risk of them not paying out

Like the look of the wind deflectors, thinking about ordering some myself. Got those wheel trims too :eek:! ha. Alloys would make it look much better!

Clio & Mini
I am 21 too mate, I have had a 2007 1.2 with mods declared in 2010 for £720 when I was 19 (with 2ncb), then all mods declared on a 182FF (20) and 3 points for £1750, and I now have a BMW insured for less then that and I also have a 1275 mini insured for £410 and I have always had my own name policies, 3 points and live on Merseyside. I am selling my BM now and just had a quote on a 182 for £1100. Unless you have LOADS of claims and points, I would shop round if I was you mate! For a 21yr old with a 1.2 you should be paying around £500, or I would rather save my money by not modding a 1.2 and have a standard sport and pay 1k on insurance.

clio mk2 1.2
how did you wire up the fog lights? i just bought some for mine i have the steering wheel arm and wiring but i have no connection port for the fogs really need help with it

how did you wire up the fog lights? i just bought some for mine i have the steering wheel arm and wiring but i have no connection port for the fogs really need help with it

i don't have the stalk, I bought fogs with only the wire that joins then together and then bought the RING wiring kit from motorworld the instructions are in there haven't got a clue how to do the stalk I think I mentioned how to do the wiring kit in this thread, I had to drill through my firewall to get to the battery as there wasn't any free bungs.

Quick Update, went to my local scrappy the other day and found a beaten up ph2, so I got a few bits.

Ph2 Side strips, tidies up the sides a bit.
inside door trim - looks better than the grey
new number plate light
and a new rear view mirror for the grand total of £20 not bad.

and as I thought they would cost more, I went to the car shop and got some Auto Glym Super Resin Polish :) its like a mirror. It's turning heads and I haven't really done much although that may have something to do with the K&N haha

Lowering, alloys and all that megubins will come in due time :)

2013-04-20091117.jpg

2013-04-20091643.jpg

2013-04-19090835.jpg

2013-04-20091915.jpg

2013-04-20091222.jpg

c.jpg

So, after nearly a year i think my pride and joy has about taken its last breathe, as of four days ago it was a fine specimen of an un-modified standard clio. 3 days ago it failed its MOT with more failures than advisories. However i was still going to persevere and get it through with a not so nice but decent bill of £115.

That however all ended this morning whilst on my way back from B&Q (i needed a brush), anyhow coming round the roundabout onto my estate when my heart dropped straight through the floor, I had sudden loss of power and my well pampered 1.2 staggered to a halt. Tried to restart it with no luck, I left it about a minute and jumped out to see if the cam-belt had snapped. It hadn't so started it again and the biggest smoke cloud i'd seen came out the exhaust HOWEVER I dragged and spluttered it back to my house dumping the clutch around 10 times to stop it stalling, i get it home only to find that now it wont even turn over and just judders.

After 114,000 miles I think its finally konked out. I'll find out next week if its worthy and cost effective to fix him but for now he stands sorry for himself.

Here he was a couple of weeks ago right as rain: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

2013-04-20091117.jpg

Time for a 172 lump?

The body work is to good to just scrap it with only the tiniest bit of rust, i feel like dropping a 1.6 in it but not sure how documents and insurance stands after that. Can get a 1.6 for £200 just the time it will take to put it in, to do a full engine rebuild on mine would bout £400 so costs are swaying

Ok so after fathering that it is indeed the head gasket that has blown, me and my dad plan to get it done ourselves after the guy in the garage basically laughed and said its not worth it :headno: (they want £600 as if), IM NOT SCRAPPING MY BABY, ive been waiting all year for CSS, bought the ticket and booked it off work so I plan to get it done for then. I think ill be upgrading my AA cover before then as ive lost a bit of faith in the old codger.

I'd rather buy a new engine than scrap a perfectly good car because of a head gasket. In relation to the £600, ive spent £50 for the parts.