ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 Clio Dark Green 1st Car Mods

2001 Clio Grande
So i thought Id start a thread about the mods i've done and the mods i want to do in the future to my Clio grande 1.2. Got this car for my 17th birthday and have been driving for about 6 months, I don't have much money to spend on it as I'm still at college. I don't know very much about cars so im trying to learn a few things on this Clio. I got it from my sisters boyfriend, it's well looked after and in a great condition, with only 55k on the clock. I've done quite a lot so far which im happy with:
  • Custom front and back door cards
  • Crappy seat covers and mats
  • Crappy trims
  • Shorter ariel
  • Ph2 tail lights
  • Ph2 spoiler
  • front fog lights (aesthetic)
  • 16v door moulding badges
107BuBia3UH6R0ePtFz0sUjXnPhIFEk36VtgIntQsLoBr0c8zS9U4HJ4kO06HQA4

yiXYLwrD9YbgrL4gpLgJU7YIIc22z51PFHsbnBCYRPcvcliiSCfFaA3BOYDaHHdr

hOPihyLELSBPF8ndrGZg2kK823ts6Yh81iFFggSHITXoQ7bnfJQ86amhjuvnkV9Z

WPH68Ecmbt3fia7rREawAGsvr1lwW68cIsOHH8TVYuCyeYj1uh6dgbBfrLcnxoXJ

VEXbbReHxfXBXFMj7RTk9J2jB062Zn9gaP0nUfAG89pfwQi3zsW3tCipYBJdaKyB

Eventually i want to get it looking euro style, bbs alloys, slammed, cambered wheels. Later on in life i want to refurbish a classic bmw e21 316, thats my kind of style.
So in the future i want to:
  • Colour match everything
  • lowered springs 60mm
  • after market steering wheel
  • clear repeaters
  • bbs 15" alloys
  • sport badge under the Renault one
  • performance exhaust
  • new gator and gear knob
Yeah that's about it. So let me know what you think about what I've done so far and anything else you think i should do in the future, Cheers!

Last edited:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Pics don't work for me either :(

Only thing I will say is don't put a sport badge on it. It's not a sport and it's just plain embarassing.

Everything else, it's your car so crack on with it!

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Can't see pics, but I'm guessing it's a phase 1. Colour matching is always good. As above, don't sport the non sport. Unless you like people laughing at you. Try getting some phase 2 door strips. They always look good on phase 1s. Dont expect the exhaust to sound amazing. 1st time I put an exhaust on my 1.2 16v, it sounded so sick I wanted to get it a hot water bottle and a blanket. Ended up carvin up and rebuilding the exhaust to make it quiet

2001 Clio Grande
Sorry about the pics guys, what's the best way of posting them? I've just added them all to an album and it still says there's no media

2001 Clio Grande
Some news on getting it lowered, as thats what i want to do next, the springs cost £80 and then i have to pay an extra £100 on my insurance so will take some saving

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I can see most of the pictures now mate, looks alright! Decent colour :) who are you insured with?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Can't you get an adapter cable from Connects2 to use an aftermarket headunit with the steering wheel controls?

2001 Clio Grande
Haven't updated this in a long long time and alot has changed!
Here's whats new
  • Lowered 60mm front and back
  • DIY steel wheel refurb with chrome beauty rings
  • wired in dual optics
  • ph2 door moulds
  • spaced the rear wheels out 10mm
  • new gear knob inside
  • de wipered the back and blanked it
  • some hella stickers over the fog lamps
  • Pressed metal numberplates
Think ive pretty much got it how i like it now, except i really want to put in an after market steering wheel, suede with a quick release. Also planning on starting to go to some track days soon, let me know what you all think!

phase 1 flamer 172
Yeah, phase 1 non sport body for looks, just needs a rear cup spoiler and those shiny wheel trims removing.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I actually quite like the wheels brillant cheap way to freshen up some steelys, a lot of the newer Vw's seem to be doing that style. I'd maybe swap the chrome for something that looks more polished metal if possible.

I'd add a ph2 rear bumber and start saving for that beemer.

2001 Clio Grande
I actually quite like the wheels brillant cheap way to freshen up some steelys, a lot of the newer Vw's seem to be doing that style. I'd maybe swap the chrome for something that looks more polished metal if possible.

I'd add a ph2 rear bumber and start saving for that beemer.
Thanks for the positive feedback mate. To others ive actually had alot of nice comments about the wheels which cost me about £50 to do, alot cheaper than a set of £300 alloys. I love the look of steelies just wish i could get some bigger ones with lower profile tyres. I've found some actual metal chrome rings on ebay which will be better than plastic ones. Thing is i deliver pizza in my car so am always curbing my wheels trying to park in small spaces so may save a nice pair for when im not working.
Some more updates in the last week, hacksawed the old gear knob off and added the new one pictured below, im sure there will be mixed opinions on it. Also added a 3" deep dish motamec suede steering wheel which I love, just need to sort out the airbag light.
I would like a ph2 rear bumper but it's just the cost of getting it re-painted the same colour.
Had a new idea from looking at classic bmw's of maybe adding thin chrome trim around the windows and windscreen. Any thoughts?