ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 172 Hazard lights stuck on!!

Hi all,

This is really a post on behalf of wifey as the 172 (52 plate Mk2) is her baby.

On my way out yesterday am I noticed that the 172s hazards were flashing away. Car starts ok, runs fine, alarm/immobiliser (not aftermarket) functions fine, hazards switch seems ok but they wont switch off so Ive pulled the fuse for now.

Before I go to town on our local customer focused and everso friendly - NOT dealer I just wondered if anyone else has encountered this problem before and what the outcome was.

TIA, Noel

996 Carrera

have you changed the head unit? I had to remove the hazard light panel to fit the stalk adaptor and straight afterwards the hazards were on constantly. I had to reposition the adaptor box so that it wasnt depressing the switch for the hazards.

Try checking that. The hazard switch panel will just pop out with a bit of encouragement.

Monkeymagic,

Thanks for that but no new head unit and Ive already popped the head unit out to get to the hazard switch for checking.

Ive kind of had the same thing on my 172, but mine where stuck in the off position. On mine, the hazard light button would not go in at all, no matter how hard you pushed it. One day, after messing about with it, someone told me my hazards were flashing away in the car park. So somehow the button wiggled itself loose. After that it seemed to work, but now its stuck in again.

Ive got a 10k service coming up in a couple of weeks, so Ill get someone to have a look at it and let you know the outcome, if any.

Renault Laguna Sports

Have seen this before on new clios, usually the switch is faulty, your dealer should change it under warrenty.