ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 punto bumper on a mk1 clio

mk1 phase 1 clio RL prima
i want to change the look of my clio but i don't want to just bang the same old clio kits on. i've read that a mk1 punto is the same width as the mk1 clio (1625mm) in theory the punto bumper should fit the clio, shouldn't it? i just wanna know if anyone has tried this before or knows someone that has. don't wanna try it if i know it might not work.

would be different though :0) i like unique, don't want to pull up next to another clio and look exactly the same as it

That shape and bumper
2q8y70p.jpg

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Jake he has a phase 1

If you smoothed the bump strips it might look good. Buy a shagger a dummy fit it.

ah get u now jake, thanks for clearing that up tommy. mines the phase one so it doesn't have the diamond grill :0) first positive comment lol. i'm gonna buy a second bumper and see if it fits, if it does i'm gonna smooth it all and mesh the grill

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
FLOL,

That will look shockingly shite! Why waste money on that, the bumper looks worse than the Clio bumper. Why not spend the money on some nice wheels or something?

Remember to tell your insurance about it. That will put you off.

FLOL,

That will look shockingly s**te! Why waste money on that, the bumper looks worse than the Clio bumper. Why not spend the money on some nice wheels or something?

Remember to tell your insurance about it. That will put you off.

the standard bumper on the rl is horrible! its personal preference at the end of the day. if u can get me alloys with tyres for £28 delivered i'll buy them lmao. but i don't wan't/need new wheels, thats why i'm not buying them.

You know you say that but is it really worth it?

course its worth it to have a custom car :0) nothing worth while is easily acheived

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
the standard bumper on the rl is horrible! its personal preference at the end of the day. if u can get me alloys with tyres for £28 delivered i'll buy them lmao. but i don't wan't/need new wheels, thats why i'm not buying them.

course its worth it to have a custom car :0) nothing worth while is easily acheived

Your insurance premium will increase by probably the cost of a new set of alloys when you tell them what you are doing. Have you thought of that?

Punto/Clio GTT
will look terrible mate, just wont look right at all.

have you considered fitting a 16v bumper with the 16v wings? also need the 16v inner arches too. would look 100% better than modding a punto bumper to fit

Iceberg Ph1
Thought about it for 1 min.. and Photoshoped this in 4 mins..

5 mins later.. Er... I don't think so tbh :S

ClioPunto.png

Note - I spent 4 mins on this... It looks horrid! No amount of photoshopping could do it justice lol..

will look terrible mate, just wont look right at all.

have you considered fitting a 16v bumper with the 16v wings? also need the 16v inner arches too. would look 100% better than modding a punto bumper to fit

i don't want it to look like every other valver or williams though, thats the point.

Thought about it for 1 min.. and Photoshoped this in 4 mins..

5 mins later.. Er... I don't think so tbh :S

View attachment 39376

Note - I spent 4 mins on this... It looks horrid! No amount of photoshopping could do it justice lol..

thanks for spending the time on it mate, i actually dont think it looks that bad. will look better on the car than in photoshop. if it looks s**t yous can all say i told u so lol

Your insurance premium will increase by probably the cost of a new set of alloys when you tell them what you are doing. Have you thought of that?

i'm only paying £28 a month insurance anyway so a little extra isn't gonna break the bank :0)

omg 2 things happen to cost £28....but if u want to be pedantic, the car insurance is £27.94 a month

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It worries me that you clearly are not silly, you can speel and have a decent grasp of word yet you still think this is a good idea. :(

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Thanks, I feel better now.

I'm just trying to save you from making your car look like a halfords edition.

Thanks, I feel better now.

I'm just trying to save you from making your car look like a halfords edition.

thanks for your concern but i'm trying to save my car from looking like every other mk1 that gets done up to look like a valver/williams. i want to pull up at a cruise and people recognise my car by its uniqueness

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
thanks for your concern but i'm trying to save my car from looking like every other mk1 that gets done up to look like a valver/williams. i want to pull up at a cruise and people recognise my car by its uniqueness

That explains it. You'll fit right in.

Bye.

My bad. Im still not sure it will suit and will probably take alot of work. Wont just go straight on.

its worth a try, it'll cost pennies compared to buying a bumper from a body kit. i don't mind hard work, i modified a cinquecento i had as a project car. the extra hassle will make it more worth while in the end.