ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 Phase 3 Roof leak

Oyster Card
Been done loads before I know - I have searched.

Anyway, I've siliconed the aerial around the outside of it so I don't think it's that, the water seems to get in when the car is parked up so I'm assuming sunroof - it's an electric sunroof I was parked on a slight decline today so any water on the roof would have run down it onto the back off the sunroof - the bit which isn't siliconed.

Started it up after the light rain and it was pissing it down inside the car it's a really bad leak.
The parts that are siliconed are the aerial base and the front of the sunroof, am I right in thinking i need to silicon all the way around the sunroof, was going to do this but the crappy silicon tubing split so the only thing that was getting siliconed was me and just about every other part of the car bar the sunroof.

I will get some more tommorow and go round the outter edge of the sunroof, ie the bit which mates with the actual roof - is there anywhere else I should do I can't think of any other places but the amount of water coming in it's more like there is a hole in the roof rather than a dodgy seal.

It pisses in though the electric sunroof button and the infrared keyfob reciver which is a little worrying, like these cars need an excuse for electical probs.

Just looking for a few tips really as I'm getting really fedup of getting as wet inside the car than I would if I walked.

Oyster Card
Right it pissed on me again this morning, I've come to the conclusion that it can't be the sides of the sunroof as the rain was minimal, the rubber seal underneath the sunroof glass was bent however so I'm thinking its getting in directly that way.
But then I think surley it'd just pour down over my head from the sides of the sunroof glass rather than come in thru the electrics?
I'll get a pic later of what i mean, there is always a valley of water around the sunroof where it collects it so I'm thinking after a while it manages to seasp thru the seal.

Anyone know how to rejuvinate a seal?

Punto/Clio GTT
wait for a sunny day mate, drop the sunroof out.
take out the centre console, mainly torx bits, take roof handles out, take side plastic trims from inside door apatures where the seatbelts are, then slide the roof lining out the back of the car.

sunroof is held in by about 12 10 mil bolts, drop all those out and catch the metal trim thing, then jump out the car and lift the sunroof out.

dry it off, dry the rubber gasket and put a nice bead of silicone all around, drop sunroof back in, tighten the metal thing from the inside evenly.

did this to mine few weeks back and it hasnt leaked since