ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Golf in brief so far

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
say helllooooooooooooooooooooooooooo to Miss Golfie

IMG_6790.jpg

IMG_6800.jpg

ignor the greasy hand print on the back lol, after half a hour, a jack and alot of pushing she finally came off the trailer..

Getting there, wheels on and grill/lights/bumpers and it'll look like a car again. Is that the exhaust hanging down in the second shot?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yeah the exhaust had fallen off, was just a temp fix to stop it being unsociably loud untill i get the new one

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Shes beautiful. You're so close to the finish line! Must of felt great seeing it.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yeah it drove past on the truck 1st and i saw it and got all excited, im now driving back from london 10pm sat night so i can have a full day sunday working on it

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Thanks guys!!, Had a closer look in the daylight today and its lovely, needs a good wash as its still got that buffing compound all over it and there are few ickle bits that arnt perfect but i did prep the car myself so i knew where to look.im so chuffed

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
couple of daylight pics shot quicky before work this morning :)
IMG_6805.jpg
lovely colour i was a little nervous it wouldnt look nice in bulk as a general rule i hate yellow cars lol
IMG_6803.jpg
really need to sort the camber on that n/s front wheel :s
IMG_6802.jpg
also as another neat little trick (well i think so) i had a cabby screen put in so that the rear view mirror sits on the screen on the roof so i can keep the smooth lines of the new roof lining without having to cut it :D

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
nope hopefully not :D just little annoying things to do.. got a list as long as my arm but its all good :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
normal human length lol , just crazy load of niggly faffy bits that arnt essential but make it a complete car

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
id love to say ill never do anything like this again but i cant lol... im strating to think it may have been worth all the stress and anger.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well i went down to JDM all stars at wembely yesterday in my mates mx5 so didnt get chance to do as much with golfie as i had planned, and today im fooobared so havnt done much.

9ab56992.jpg

mx5 just coz i like it haha

i needed to sort the camber on the front wheel so while i had the wheel off i though it would be rude not to try the new wheels on

old vs new
5e5eb8b1.jpg

6e318f81.jpg

the rear
38e8cb6b.jpg

front, going to get some smaller tyres and dial in a little bit of camber for a perfect snug fit
1999121a.jpg

and the never ending todo list
050cbfe9.jpg

I was going to pop down today as I was not going to players on my 4 speed box haha but im full of a cold so man flu'in it up in the warm of indoors.

The wheels are looking a gooooood fit :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
im currently sat watching top gear trying to stay awake and hand polish wheels... its not going so well in all homesty

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i really want to have them professionally polished but im all out of money :( anyone want to donate to a fund? hahahaha

haha its not blood its just stain from the folder it was in getting wet lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
my brother has what i assume is the same kit, hes done one while i was away, its got rid of all the pitting but between the bolts still looks shite.

i think ill just have to save up over winter n get them done, only money left in the pot now is for 2 new tyres, tax, mot and insurance :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
it will be its going straight in the garage i have for it, but to get it there it needs to be running, but dont want it uninsured. plus it then means as soon as spring kicks in its ready to rock :D

Proper wheels, and ^^ feel your pain, spent several hours cleaning mine today after the mudfest that was Castle Combe was just about to jack it up and take the wheels off to thoroughly clean the wheels/the arches and underbody properly and the heavens opened.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I Hate winter for the exact reason you can do naff all, go to work in the dark come home in the dark. thats why i want to get it sorted before winter kicks in

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
£200 and the final bits ordered from VW herritage, hopefully ive remebered everything now, just need a rivet gun