ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 - Engine keeps cutting out randomly

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Since saturday, the engine cut out randomly in traffic. It didnt stall, i didnt even notice it. But was out. Started it, and it was fine.

Today, i went to coventry and then manchester and then back home to newcastle. On the way to coventry at the service station, it cut out as i was driving slowly out. Took a while to start again but it started and everything was fine. Then in newcastle on the tyne bridge it cut out randomly as i was moving slowly in traffic twice. Took forever to start again and only started when it was rolling and kicked the clutch whilst it was in gear.

Any body know the problem?

Its a mk1 1.2 8V Phase 3

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
It been fine ever since. My cars a bit weird, sort of fixes itself time to time. Will check all the pipes etc before i set off for another trip down south in a week or two. I just think the car was running very hot and just felt like playing around. :D thats what i hope anyways

alien green rs133
if its the 1.2 8v D.I.E.T engine check the wiring behind the TB

if its the energy engine, the goverment are running a car scrappage scheme :D