ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 Engine Conversion - Info Needed

Just got myself a cheap MK1 clio, it's a P reg and looking to maybe teach myself some more mechanics overtime and track it.

There's nothing like jumping in at the deep end so was wanting to do a engine conversion but need info.

Looking at the 2.0 Megane Coupe engine - Seams a popular choice?

Anyway my questions are as follows!

1) Does it sit on its own original mounts and bolt straight into the clio?

2) What will I need with the engine?

3) How hard is it to get the wiring loom changed over?

4) What about ECU?

5) Keep current drive shafts?

Any answer or more info will be appreciated!

Thanks
Simon

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Clio GT
megane engine is a pain to fit due to the head shape and the ecu needs unlocking i think.
most opt for a williams engine or a 1.816v or a clio rs engine but again is not a simple conversion.

you will need complete engine and ancileries, loom, ecu, gearbox,16v engine mounts, 16v drive shafts, 16v subframe, 16v suspension, 16v brakes, 16v rad, 16v exhaust. 15" wheels prob forgot some bits too lol.
also i would change the cambelt /cluch while its out bepending on its service history.

will be easy to do if you get a complete car (mot failure/rotten body) and start swapping the bits...
keep it looking as standard as possible ans you wwill have a pretty good sleeper!!!¬