ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Clio 1.4 to 1.6 Engine Swap - Has anyone on here done it?

Clio RT
Hi,

I'm after advice from anyone that has done an engine swap in a mk1 clio, taking the E7J 1.4 out and putting the K7M 1.6 in it place. I've got both engines in the garage at the moment, and know the swap can be done, and has been done but there are more differences than I was expecting between the two engines. The engine I've got is out of a Megane Scenic. I could go through the engines bit by bit and get there but wondered if there was any first hand knowledge that'll allow me to shortcut it a bit :)

I'd like to know how much of the ancilliary parts can be carried over, and what needs swapping for Clio parts. Looking at it I'm going to be swapping a lot, but would specifically like to know whether I can leave the sump, oil pump and oil pick up in place. Also can the clutch be used, from a bit of research the Megane clutch is 20mm bigger in diameter but has the same spline pattern so should fit on, and would save me swapping the flywheels and clutch.

Thanks,

Nic