ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 '93 Clio 1.8 16v Fuel pump

330ci Conv
Can anyone help me??

Trying to remove fuel sender unit from my MK1 1.8 16v Clio

Located unit under back seats but unit seems to be held down with a black plastic ring. How do I remove this? Once this is removed does the fuel sender unit just pull out of the tank?

Thanks is advance

Once you remove that big plastic ring you can yep just lift the pump out.

As for hom to do it there is a toll however if you bend somehting to a U shape you can do it.

Otherwise You cann apparently get creative and tap it off wwith a punch round the outside of it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Which do you want out? The fuel level sender or the fuel pump?

On my car the pump and the sender are in two seperate places. To get the pump out requires the removal of the Fuel tank.

Ph1 has pump and sender seperate like Daniel says above

Ph2 has black locking ring and its all in one place. Renault have a tool that make undoing the black ring easy... Although I always got away with tapping it round anti-clockwise with something blunt and hammer. Its basically a threaded locking ring, you'l see it move and it unscrews all the way off, then the pump lifts out