ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 1.4RT ---> Mk2 1.6 16v

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Ok, I really need to replace my slow, noisy, uncomfortable RT. I was originally gonna go for a valver but the insurance is too expensive. So Im gonna go for something newer and a bit nippier. My other choices are VTR, Zetec-s or the aforementioned 1.6 16v. It would be the mk2 ph1 cos the ph2 are still a bit too expensive.

Anywayz, are these cars any good, Ive heard the handling is not as good as mk1, but I can probably live with that for the time being. Also is the interior build quality any better than a mk1, or does it still rattle over the slightest bump? And what are they like to drive, I hope all the controls arent really light like in most modern cars, cos I cant get on with that. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

One more thing, why the f**k are they group 10 insurance?? The fiesta is only group 8!

ciao!

Rick

Hmmm, seems no-one has anything positive to say about the 1.6 so Ill cross that off my list!:confused:

NO NO love my 1.6 and i know alot of other people do aswell, its got most of the extras of the 172 but without the engine, its quick and kills any of the above mentioned cars, i say go for it, and at 110 bhp its a v good starting point

Quote: Originally posted by badboy_mc on 30 October 2003

NO NO love my 1.6 and i know alot of other people do aswell, its got most of the extras of the 172 but without the engine, its quick and kills any of the above mentioned cars, i say go for it, and at 110 bhp its a v good starting point
Dont think a 1.6 would kill a Valver mate ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 30 October 2003

Quote: Originally posted by badboy_mc on 30 October 2003

Dont think a 1.6 would kill a Valver mate ;)
lol, think he was referring to the fiesta and saxo..

I would make a joke about the valver probably being in the garage being fixed anyway! but I wont....