ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk 1 1.4s Decat review |lunner|

Mk 1 1.4s K & N BB2 back box and a decat pipe

Just recently bought Lunners decat he had on offer, and have spent the afternoon comprehensively testing it.

Providing you can get the bolts of from your cat, the job should take no more than 10 mins.. I had to get mine heated off with oxy.

Mechanic was impressed on the decat workmanship.

once on, there was a nice deeper tone. For me the difference exeeded what i thought.

In conjunction with my bb2 back box, it sounds like the clio rally car..lol.

acceleration is smoother in all gears, feels like there is more torque. Can wheel spin in 2nd gear now.

I have backfire /popping on tap, rev in 3rd to 3.5k release xlr8r and when revs drop to 3k the car produces a back fire/popping.also sometimes pops on down shifts .

stepped out of the vehicle whilst my mate did a series of drives pasts, car sounded great, no Novaish rasps just the rally car sound...turns heads !for £30 its been a worthwhile investment.

anyone who hasnt invested in a decat should!

FRST and 106 GTi

There is no need for too much care about this... its so dead simple and who cares if it shines or not??? its underneath the car and waiting to be hit by mud, dust and whatever you run over. :)

Besides... luckly here we dont have the problems you have concerning rust....

more girth....yeah thats how she likes it... more girth...more things happen..

phil, if doing it yourself..prepare for the rusty bolts on the cat,. there a cnut to remove!

enjoy your new performance :)

...yeah but more gass will flow through mine :p

Suppose if its a few grams lighter then you shoudl be on even keel with a cup ;)

Skoda Fabia vRS

at the end of the day its simply a pipe, the one i had on mine wasnt all shiny, it was a dirty pipe, it did the job tho