ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mitsubishi Evo 5 RS in the sun

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
IMG_0658.JPG
IMG_0659.JPG
IMG_0661.JPG
IMG_0663.JPG
IMG_0665.JPG
IMG_0666.JPG
IMG_0668.JPG
Taken a few weeks back in the sunshine.

I've used the filters on my phone as the car is filthy and desperately needs a polish.

Jon

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Holy s**t ! Did you post the restoration on Detailing world ?

Something I'd love to do but would never have the time to do it !

Monaco 172
My favourite generation of Evo :hearteyes: - Amazing mate

I really hope I find myself in the position to get a 5 one day.

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Fuckin glorious piece of machinery in amazin condition [emoji1533]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Epic work.

Was that restoration done over at Gaz’s place near Macclesfield? The buildings look familiar.

No,the guy I bought it from carried out the work.

Gaz done all the belts and a fuel pump a few months back

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
No,the guy I bought it from carried out the work.

Gaz done all the belts and a fuel pump a few months back
Ah - good stuff.

Great colour that as well. Not a common choice for Evos of that vintage left on the roads.

There’s a silver V near me at home. Left under a tree and full of leaves, bird s**t and all other crap. Would love to save the thing and have the money to get it back on the road....

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Ah - good stuff.

Great colour that as well. Not a common choice for Evos of that vintage left on the roads.

There’s a silver V near me at home. Left under a tree and full of leaves, bird s**t and all other crap. Would love to save the thing and have the money to get it back on the road....

Partly the reason I bought it was the colour.

Apparently this is one of two red RS models in the U.K.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Lack of appeal to a wider audience probably

That and they stand out a mile for scum bags. I’ve seen two classic Imprezas over the past two days. A type r in blue, nice.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

That and they stand out a mile for scum bags. I’ve seen two classic Imprezas over the past two days. A type r in blue, nice.
I would have liked a type r before I bought mine, prices where high back then.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

It did concern me a little when I had mine - especially when a meat-head asked me if the Evo was for sale at a petrol station when I'd not even had it 24 hours.

Touch wood - it never attracted any bellendness in the 2.5 years that I had it. I'd like to think that the scroats of today simply look at these Evos and Scoobies as has-beens and certainly nowhere near as desirable to steal as today's Golf R's and the like. Despite the Jap stuff being just as much, if not even superior in capability?

That might change with the increasing values though. I can't see them staying clear for long if there's good money in taking one and sending it off in a container to some other country.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Of the rarer models collectors will hoard them away and show them to the grand kids.

When I had mine probably about 7 years ago I never had an issue with dick heads.

Atleast I will have owned.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
An amazing machine mate, just going up in value all the time now.

Evo 5 RS
It did concern me a little when I had mine - especially when a meat-head asked me if the Evo was for sale at a petrol station when I'd not even had it 24 hours.

Touch wood - it never attracted any bellendness in the 2.5 years that I had it. I'd like to think that the scroats of today simply look at these Evos and Scoobies as has-beens and certainly nowhere near as desirable to steal as today's Golf R's and the like. Despite the Jap stuff being just as much, if not even superior in capability?

That might change with the increasing values though. I can't see them staying clear for long if there's good money in taking one and sending it off in a container to some other country.

Most of the people that end up asking me questions don't even know what it is, they're just intrigued. There's enough cars on the road these days that aesthetically stand out from the crowd. You need to drive it for it to really stand out all that much. Plus, they sound pretty s**t. The 4G is one of the greatest engines ever made, but unless you look over your shoulder, it just sounds like another boosted 4 pot Golf is on it's way.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Most of the people that end up asking me questions don't even know what it is, they're just intrigued. There's enough cars on the road these days that aesthetically stand out from the crowd. You need to drive it for it to really stand out all that much. Plus, they sound pretty s**t. The 4G is one of the greatest engines ever made, but unless you look over your shoulder, it just sounds like another boosted 4 pot Golf is on it's way.
Got to agree. Mine fired up first time every time - settled to a nice, steady idle in no time and despite my regular checks - never used a drop of oil.

Cracking units.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Awesome stuff, better than new!

Edit- so good I posted it twice :smile: