ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Missing my Clio, might get another

RS 200 CUP
My 172 got written off at the end of last year so I "upgraded" to an Audi S3 8L but I really miss my Clio. The audi is quick (265bhp) but just doesnt feel the same as the nippy 172. The question is, if I get another would I better off getting a 197 or another 1*2? Do they feel similar to drive or would I still miss my 172 even if i got a 197? Also looking for differences in reliability, cost of parts etc... what do you guys recommend?

Clio 197
A test drive is the best way to decide whether or not you should get a 197 or 1*2. You'll only get answers from people on here who absolutely hate them or love them. I've no idea about the 1*2s but the 197/200 is fairly reliable and if you're buying one with the common faults sorted out, it shouldn't give you any trouble. There's a 200 running about with 200,000 miles on it which says a lot. Parts are widely available as someone is always breaking them, but brand new oem parts are expensive. Plenty of guides on what to look out when purchasing a 197, so be sure to do your due diligence if one still appeals to you after a test drive.

2004 Racing Blue 182
I tell you right now, it doesn't matter if you bought any other 1*2. It will never stack up to your original 172. You will always compare them.

Every car since I sold my last Valver has always been missing that 'thing' that the Valver had. Hopefully D11CUP can rekindle my love of cars and live up to my rose-tinted memories of my Valver.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
197s are s**t.

Wanna buy mine? :D

But seriously. Maintain them and they’re fine. Gearboxes are a weak point but all in, they’re a fun car.

s**t dailies, but fun drivers cars. The relative lack of power means they can be driven flat out pretty much consistently. And the chassis is very forgiving.

I’ve had mine coming up to six years now and it’s still such a fun car, I’ll be sad if/when I have to get rid.

RS 200 CUP
I tell you right now, it doesn't matter if you bought any other 1*2. It will never stack up to your original 172. You will always compare them.

Every car since I sold my last Valver has always been missing that 'thing' that the Valver had. Hopefully D11CUP can rekindle my love of cars and live up to my rose-tinted memories of my Valver.
Yeah that's my worry, that it still won't fill that void

Rusty Cup
Dont buy a 197.. the extra weight makes it feel like it needs another 100bhp. Will out handle a 172 all day long but doesnt feel anywhere near as exciting.

clio 197
Hi
Just recently got a 197 and love it sadly not driven the 172 or any other sports so cant really say on that front id say get a few test drives in all and see which one you fancy at the end of it. All great cars probably really cant go wrong with what ever you pick :up: