ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

missfire help

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
went to my car after it was stood for 2 hours or so,
started up straight away then as i set off it started to missfire and refused to rev,
turned the key off then on and it ran for a few seconds again then no power and missfire same as the first time
i left it ticking over for around 30-60 seconds and drove away (all fine)

went to the car after work today and its doing it again,
i'm thinking it may be something to do with it being cold?
any ideas?

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
issue my mate had.

other things could be

oxygen sensor
coil pack
ht leads
spark plugs also

where in the revs doe sit miss fire

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
issue my mate had.

other things could be

oxygen sensor
coil pack
ht leads
spark plugs also

where in the revs doe sit miss fire

it does it on tick over but only for around 30-60 seconds
when i try to rev the engine nothing happens, then all of a sudden it will pick up and be ok, once the revs are high enough its fine

had plugs leads

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
i've had it in bits but still the same problem but forgot to mention that when you press the throttle pedal it opens the throttle body but wont rev up!! at first start from cold

any more ideas?

Focus RS mk1
have you tried the crank sensor? im the one fil_b mentioned who had this problem. mine would missfire real bad as if the engine was cutting completly out which would indicate the crank sensor as it controls spark and fuel. Is yours missing as if it is running on 3cylinders?

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
it starts fine and misfires for bout 60 seconds, if i try to rev it there's no response,
after then the car runs fine

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
anyone fancy nipping overtomorrow to cast their opinion on the problem?
"free tea coffee and biscuits"

Bus w**ker
Whilst this is of no help Mark, my mysterious misfire cured itself...but I've still changed the plugs anyway. I'd offer to come over and give you a hand with my vast mechanical skillz but I'm off to Newcastle in the morning.

But if you want a set of spare plugs to give a whirl I can hook you up with a lovely set of Denso Iridium ones, only covered about 100 miles and fire perfectly from cold...just not so good once warm. Yours for f**k all if you can get down to J29 tomorrow morning about 10:15.

Drop me a text and let me know.

Sy