ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Miss-fire in 3rd and 4th gear

My 172 is due a service and is actually booked in for this thursday. I had it last March and havent had it serviced so far.

For the last week or so I have notiched some slight miss-fires in 3rd and 4th gears at around 3000 - 4000 revs.

I just wondered if it is because it is in need of sum new plugs etc. Oh, and the service light came on last friday for an hour or two, but has gone off again.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 04 July 2005

Yes, its because youre a non member and your Clio wants you to donate £5 to the Cliosport comedy fund.
are they taking memberships yet?? getting sick of these post restrictions!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

^^^^^^^^^^^^OFF TOPIC ALERT!!!!!!!!

I think you should explain this to your garage when it is serviced and i am sure they can come to the correct fix.

i am mechanically challenged. sorry!

Renault Laguna Coupe

You say its due a service, but which one? If its relatively low mileage (12 or 24k) then its unlikely to be plugs - they dont need changing until 72k according to the service schedule. Coil pack could be the culprit I guess. Service light is probably low oil.

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 04 July 2005
You say its due a service, but which one? If its relatively low mileage (12 or 24k) then its unlikely to be plugs - they dont need changing until 72k according to the service schedule. Coil pack could be the culprit I guess. Service light is probably low oil.

yea 72k for plugs makes me laugh cuz after 30k there gettin seriosly buggered so imigian how crap the car would be after that, thats renault for ya though

The milage is quite low, Its just gone past 27500, and the last service was February 2004.

Does that sound like too long between services, or is there something else wrong?