ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfiring 182, what to do next?

Hi, Basically my engine management light (flashing) came on the other day driving home from work, and the engine felt very juddery. Green flag man came out and said its misfiring, hooked up his machine to and it said misfire 3. I'm presuming it meant cylinder 3? And the proceeded to tell me changing my coil pack would fix it.

I've now changed my coil pack, ignition leads and spark plugs but the problem is still there. When i pull out the leads while it's running you can tell the difference with all except number 3, it just stays the same.

I'm now out of ideas and wondering if anyone else fixed this problem easily enough on their own? Just trying to save cash as it's cost me just under 500 this month alone.

Thanks.

M2 Comp
Could be an injector. Mine had a misfire and this was the cause.

What condition were the plugs in when you removed them? Did you use the proper NGK plugs?

Clio 182 FF Orange
I would guess at either incorrect plugs or possible injector... my car idles pretty rough when cold and the engine light flashes if its left idling for a while (code reads N/A on reader) so i believe that is down too the cold air valve being removed (thing in left wheel arch that the vac pipe from inlet manifold opens up)

I hope this helps

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
If you have changed all the above for OE parts then i would put it down to an Injector

I agree with the injector comments, never had an issue with the clio in over 2years the 2 injectors go in a month.

monaco 172
ive seen this happen a lot on clios and turns out to be injectors.

Is it something getting the injector cleaned would fix or is it usually a new injector job?

e92 m3
it's an injector, 99.99999999999999% of the time it's an injector.

I must be the 0.00000000000001% - oil in the plug valley (knackered cam cover seal) caused mine to miss fire like a bit*h - I take there was no sign of this when you removed leads / plugs?

Worth a mention before you buy a new injector!

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm trying to get onto Fred at BTM but can't get hold of him today.

Does anyone have a rough price i'm looking at for a new injector? Think I'm selling it once its back up and running.

Hi guys, wondering if i can have some help again.

As you look at the engine from the front, do the injectors go 1 2 3 4 or 4 3 2 1?

thanks

Damn i tested it 1234. I'll try the other tomorrow to be certain its the injector, thanks Dano

Yep, you get a good idea of whats going on by pulling the conections to the injectors individually. Then once you're sure which cyl is missfiring, just swap the actual injectors over between a pair of cylinders. Then repeat the unplugging of the connections to test it again. That will show pretty conclusively if injector is faulty or not.

Hope you get it sorted soon mate. Would be a shame to sell up once its back running right surely?

Yep, you get a good idea of whats going on by pulling the conections to the injectors individually. Then once you're sure which cyl is missfiring, just swap the actual injectors over between a pair of cylinders. Then repeat the unplugging of the connections to test it again. That will show pretty conclusively if injector is faulty or not.

Hope you get it sorted soon mate. Would be a shame to sell up once its back running right surely?

Yeah I thought i changed 3 and 4 as number 3 was coming up with the fault but i now know i changed 1 and 2 so was pointless. Will do the proper ones tomorrow and see if it changes the outcome when i pull the lead from 3 and 4.

Still noe 100% on selling but it's looking likely.

Finally fitted a new injector earlier and its all working fine again now. My only concern is the engine light is still on, it was flashing when there was a fault but now its solid, anyone know what this could be? Or could i just reset it somehow?