ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire Madness

So, on the way home from the girlfriends last night the car started juddering and misfiring with the engine management light flashing. I stopped at the nearby Asda which was just across the road, let it cool down and started it up again, still the same! Not impressed seen as I've only had this car about 2-3 weeks now. First thing I thought was the coil pack was knackered, thanksfully we have a spare one at home (as you do) so got my other half to drive me there to get it. So anyway I fitted the other coil pack to it but it is still misfiring and popping!

So I thought f**k it, I didn't want to leave the car at Asda in Tilbury (if anyone knows the area you can't blame me) so I gambled and drove it home very slowly in fifth as much as I could. To my amazement the engine management light stopped flashing and the car began to drive as normal all the way home, apart from when I put my foot nearly all the way down on the gas and it done the same juddering and misfiring noises. It's so weird. Anyway after speaking to my brother he thinks it could be the fuel injector or a bit of s**t might of got in while filling up. :(

s**t ay?

Titanium 182 FF
The EML was flashing therefore you can most likely recover some trouble codes. Do you have an OBD scanner?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
When the EML light flashes it doesn't record codes. I have previously read that it means "the car knows there is something wrong but there isn't a code to match the probelm" how true this is I am unsure. Mine was flashing and no codes were recorded though. I will have to check this again tomorrow

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Oh and who thought it was the coilpack?! Oi and don't you start!
anyway swapped coilpack, upstream lambda and complete injector rail=fault still present.
No dtc's of any real relevance. Ran of time so will try leads and a few other bits next.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Oh and who thought it was the coilpack?! Oi and don't you start!
anyway swapped coilpack, upstream lambda and complete injector rail=fault still present.
No dtc's of any real relevance. Ran of time so will try leads and a few other bits next.

Do you have anything to plug it in with for faults? Also, you CSS'ing tomorrow?

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Ok fixed it today. Went to swap HT's over and found there has been water present. I would hazard a guess that the breakers jet blasted the engine and wasn't to carefull. It was fairly dry but rusty and giving a poor connection. Cleaned the plugs and and fitted new leads and bingo bango.

Still waiting money for the f**king fing' though! :)