ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire Help?

172 Cup On A Diet
After driving back from oulton park yesterday my car started misfiring. Started it again this morning and there's popping coming from the exhaust? And it's running very lumpy anyone have any ideas what it can be?

172 Cup On A Diet
Okay cheers. What's it more than likely too be? I'd say it's something to do with fuel as the popping from the exhaust?

SQ5
Could be any of what I listed.

First change the coil pack it's the easiest

Then I'd get some new HT leads

Then I'd be looking at the injectors

172 Cup On A Diet
I got my friend coming over in another cup this afternoon gunna swap some parts around too see what it is cheers

Clio 182
After driving back from oulton park yesterday my car started misfiring. Started it again this morning and there's popping coming from the exhaust? And it's running very lumpy anyone have any ideas what it can be?

Got the exact same problem with mine, but mine also cuts out if left for about 30 secs at idle. Read around and it looks like a faulty pre-cat lambda sensor. Gonna order one in the morning and get it changed over and see if it sorts it out.

Fingers Crossed.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Mines doing this too! Did anyone get any answers on this?!

Megane r26
I always start with the cheap basic's as danny said,

Plugs
Coil Pack (which i think i have a spare in my toolbox)
Injectors
Leads

If non of these cure its proberly something more siniseter

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
DannyR I may be in touch when you have em for sale! I;ve plugged my car into one of these OBD diagnostic tool things and its giving me NO ERROR CODES!!!!

So far I've done, coilpack, plugs and leads and used the OBD and I'm getting absolutely no where. Losing the will here.

i have a a second set of injectors, intended for my car, but you are welcome to come over and try on yours, i'm free thurs night. I'm no mechanic though so you'll have to get your fingers dirty :)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Thanks all but my mate thinks he's finally found the error!!!! The MAP sensor was faulty/dead/whatever! Think he said he disconnected it and it was running ok! So gonna get a new one and sounds like that's gonna fix it!!!!!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I had the exact same problem ran like a lump of turd, Wouldnt pull up the revs just jerked the car back and forth below 4k revs.

Changed my coilpack spark plugs and the leads and it fixed the issue. Not much help on narrowing it down but I needed my car on the road so had no time for trial and error.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
£17.50 off renparts. boxed off! cant wait to get mine back saturday with shiny new rims/yokos too.