ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

misfire, CLIP saying cylinder 2. wot to check?

clio 172 cup, aprilia rsv
recently had my car sorted by the legend that is Mick (MickPM) but he told me when i picked the car up it was misfiring a bit and the CLIP system was throwing out a cylinder 2 Misfire code, the car has always been a bit lumpy at idle and a bit spluttery but once on song theres no problems at all but when i took it in for a service at renault they did something to it (no sure what) that made it run alot better. Now the problem is back just wandered where u guys would think i should start? just replaced the spark plugs for genuine renault NGK items and replaced the cat with new lambda sensors a few days ago. was going to try checking injectors, coil pack and leads next but would them being faulty come up as a cyl 2 misfire on CLIP? does any one know a good place to get genuine or good quality leads/coil packs?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Could be ignition or injection related. I'd start by disconnecting the injector multiplug and making sure the connections are nice and tight in the plug itself. Then, if that doesn't sort it check the lead on Cyl #2 for signs of being trapped... maybe just replace it.

Mick

Golf GTD Mk7
I can't imagine what Renault could have done on a general service unless you've had plugs messed with? I'm betting injector knackered.

My bettings on that 2. Ill try and have a look if i get a day off b4 xmas. Im not sure wot renault cud have dun either, myt have jus been coincidence as they didnt touch the plugs! Ill take yur advice on the coil pack aswell mick and check that out and make sure its not arcing out anywhere. Btw wot is worst case scenario causing da misfire?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Mechanical condition or a poorly seating valve... but thats extreme worst case lol

lol fingers crossed it isnt that then! it runs absolutely spot on apart from the small missfire at idle. gona have a look later and see what i can see, ill post up sum pics if i fnd nething unusual... thanks for all your help guys, would be completely fooked without yur wisdom!

ok, been out to have a look tonight and cannot see anything untoward.... injectors look a little bit brown on the outside from what i can see. tried unplugging each injector 1 by 1 with the car running to see if i could pick up on the fault, but with each time i unplugged one the engine note would change?? would that mean the injectors are working ok? ive taken a quik vid to show u the problem im having, when i tap the accellerator there is sometimes a very slight delay or stutter upto about 1.5k but after that its fine. its really starting to bug me now! lol is there anything else i could do or check myself? its going into renault on friday for an mot so may ask them to have a look aswell.
th_IMG_0327.jpg

lol thought u myt say that! its only coz i got a free mot as part of the service that im taking it there. no doubt they will try and find something rediculous to fail it on or make something up, but if they do ill take it elsewhere 4 a re test but if it passes then its a free bee! Ne other ideas what could be causing that bit of hesitation? btw only does it once warmed up, when its cold its fine as when its on choke the revs sit above 1k so doesnt cause a problem