ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mintys 182 turbo

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Re: mintys 172 turbo

This is what mine looks like, I think yours is to small and won't look right with a 182 trim.

S5001566.jpg

172 Cup plus more
mintys 172 turbo

That is a very clean install, it almost looks as it was standard, very impressed

HBT 172 Cup

Vids tbh...

Love that exhaust scotty2hotty, so much so ive booked in to have one at Ktec while im having the map done :)

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG

:p I like it to, how it should be from the factory, it's gdi/piper with a modified tailpipe.

Id imagine you are going for the ktec recessed? Don't bother with the centre silencer.

HBT 172 Cup

:p I like it to, how it should be from the factory, it's gdi/piper with a modified tailpipe.

Id imagine you are going for the ktec recessed? Don't bother with the centre silencer.

Yeah Ktec recessed. Ive currently got a stealth system. I'd have probably kept it, but Ktec had problems last time getting the wideband up the tail pipe because its angle which will cause problems when mapping for turbo aswell. Unfortunately i have the silenced centre section and cant afford to get the super sport centre section, im just swapping the backbox :(

172 cup

this is so weird i was about to ring jack cav to get your number to see how the turbo was coming and i stumbled across thi lol!!, i need to come see this!!!, how does it pull? we will have to have a side by side!, im swapping mine for a rb cup with recaros :)

TTRS & V50

That exhaust is meant to hang under !

Looks much better without the stickers, although you've still got another gay one on there..iJoke.

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1

this is so weird i was about to ring jack cav to get your number to see how the turbo was coming and i stumbled across thi lol!!, i need to come see this!!!, how does it pull? we will have to have a side by side!, im swapping mine for a rb cup with recaros :)
Yeah pulls really well I will take u out when I see you next! You doing a straight swap?

172 cup

Ye straight swap :), I made a thread called hall I, shan't I?, have a look see what you think?

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1

I think I'm going to just my turinis have 2 tyres on the limit so won't be worth that much:(

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...

i'm not a massive 2118 fan, but they look good on the berg :)

defo get the zorst either recessed or stealthed, looks terrible hung out the back like that

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5

Looks nice, love the colour, but the exhaust needs to sit higher looks a bit funny hanging below the cut out.

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1

Yeah a bracket needs bending. But also the exhaust is very close to hitting the boot floor as its an ovel, but if need be i will cut the tip off and put a kink in it to raise it up into the recess

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

3k for 230bhp JESUS CHRIST!

Weve just done our mates £1900 = 340Bhp :/

never the less great car and looks well done

link to this ?? ok if labour is free lol
£3k Is good price IMO

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

If you want big power then you need to decompress the engine, it ends up too ignition limited otherwise.

I cant see the point in doing a turbo conversion just for 230bhp, for a couple hundred quid more you can have an extra 30bhp if you can be bothered with the extra day or so of labour to decompress it.

Ok as a stepping stone though I guess.

Clio tce

Engine dynamics used to be BB tuning iirc, ive spoken to them regards forge pistons and setting mine up better, they sound like good guys and clearly know there unions with renaults. who worked on your car?

How long did it take them to finish your car, and how were they with you when you had the turbo issue? Would you use them again?

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110

You need to tuck that exhaust up.

Mine was a prospeed too
P1010110-1.jpg

Same design

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1

Yeah andy and his father worked on my car. Had it for a week in total which i thought was very good for and engimg out. Engine rebuild and turbo c0nversion. He had it 1 full day when it had tp go back. Would definatly use them again email and phone communication is brilliant.

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1

Just over £3000 in total. Well worth it though absolutly love it. It's 230hp, more than enough really.

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1

Couple of photos now the exhaust is sorted
20130105_181047.jpg

Also picked this lovely standard saxo up for a tidy £500 tax and tested
20130107_202520.jpg

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member

Great to see this cup living on in a different guise. Was a favourite when ollie had it but you've certainly made it your own now.

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1

Great to see this cup living on in a different guise. Was a favourite when ollie had it but you've certainly made it your own now.

Yeah it was a good platform for a turbo project. All previous mods were of a high spec and car had a good name on the forum. Love it!