ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MINI's WRC effort breaks cover...

S3, HD Nightster
its stated above, same reason alot of the touring cars are 5 door.

ease of access is the major point, and the way in which you have more room to manipulate and mess about

Fair point, looking forward to seeing anything other than Ford's and Citroens in the WRC anyway lol

5 door :/

no thanks. front end looks amazing though

were did you get the pictures naith. I would like some high res versions :)

Last edited:

Si

RS Clio 172
I'm out.

it has gravel wheels on yet the ride height it's set to seems more like a tarmac set-up?

Black 172 PH2
Thats ugly. I think the standard Mini would of looked awesome but there is obviously a reason they have chosen this.
I look forward to seeing it in the WRC.
Be interesting how well it does.

The reason it's 5-door is because the Countryman is 5-door. It's a 4WD platform, which is rather handy for WRC.

Ultra Red Megane 175
How on earth can people dismiss Mini's chances just from looking at a picture? Ok, the car probably won't be on the pace of Ford & Citroen immediately, no manufacturer in the world would be; but the fact that Prodrive are developing the car means it won't be long before it's competitive IMHO.

The Cooper is too short for the minimum 3.9m WRC regs.

Here's a video of Markko Martin and Ott Tanak testing the car in Portugal:

Kris Meeke has been confirmed as one driver, with Marcus Gronholm also being mentioned. It's likely the car will debut on WRC Sardinia next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Turbos.
They probably are, I am just wandering why they aren't using the usual looking Mini, would look much better.

Are you serious? They're launching an SUV style Mini, and you can't work out why they're using it as a rally car?

Out of choice they'd always use a 5 door shell as it's stiffer. As has been said, Prodrive reckoned it had perfect dimensions for a WRC car. I think it looks ridiculous, personally.

suddenly the big fat boy looks ALOT smaller

mini-the-living-motorsport-legend.jpg

mini-wrc-at-the-rallye-monte-carlo-historique.jpg

fair play, certainly different...

well not small no but we all had visions of it being a landrover on the WRC, it looks 'normal' really. bet its a fcuking monster.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Not read the whole thread just the first post and this last page but why are they using the rediculous new mini they've brought out and not a normal mini?

Not read the whole thread just the first post and this last page but why are they using the rediculous new mini they've brought out and not a normal mini?

read the thread and you'll know.

if you cant be bothered to research i cant be bothered to explain x

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
I read that prodrive made a perfect wrc car and they looked for a manufactures body to dress it in, so to speak, and the mini clubman was the perfect size for the job!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
the pic in the OP has too much happening, with the bonnet pins and vents and spot lights and decals etc... I'm not doubting it'll, or should be an absolute beast but for the time being, looks wise im not a fan.

I'll give it some time before i go saying its s**t blah blah, maybe itll grow on me..... I do kinda like the vents and wing:eek:

edit:

just read the thread so far and watched the vid... it sounds like an RC car on acid raping a hornets nest... sounds awesome!

Last edited: