ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

minimum pad material left for track use.

Track 172 Cup
Is there a minimum recommended to change over to new pads I was just wondering ad my CL RC6 are about half worn (can't remember exactly how much was on them new but look about half maybe a little more) and was wondering how low before they should be changed. I changed my last set as I had a problem caliper and when sorted one of the pads was a lot lower on material than the other. I have just swapped to oem spec brembo pads too save the RC6 and not use them on the road bonus is no squeal when stopping at lights now lol

Cheers.

Good to use them right down to the metal mate. I normally swap when they're down to 1-2mm so I don't run out on my next track day, but keep them as spares incase required. I'm using RC6 also!

As said, just run them right down as much as possible. If you're worried about wearing them out completely and wasting track time then buy a spare set ready to go in as soon as they are done with.

Track 172 Cup
Cheers, I think I'll have a spare set soon just too keep in the van anyway so I'll run them down as low as I can before I swap them out. Fancied trying the DS1.11 or DS3000 next but it's one of them I'm used to the RC6 now and if it ain't broken don't fix it lol.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Cheers, I think I'll have a spare set soon just too keep in the van anyway so I'll run them down as low as I can before I swap them out. Fancied trying the DS1.11 or DS3000 next but it's one of them I'm used to the RC6 now and if it ain't broken don't fix it lol.

3000's aren't anywhere near as good as RC6. Don't know about 1.11's though.

Track 172 Cup
Thanks for the info @JamesBryan I was surprised too @MarkX I think I have done maybe 3 days on these pads and I only run normal Brembo HC disc's not the grooved MAX one's as i suspect they would be going down quicker lol but i'm not too heavy on the brakes (i don't think anyway) and it's always 2 up with me and my dad in the car on track so carrying the extra weight too. We mainly do Oulton so not sure how this compares too what tracks you do and how hard they are on your brakes.

Stu, just for comparison, the DS2500s lasted 6 track days, there was material left but were crumbling. No comparison in stopping power but wish there was more meat on the CLs :grimacing:
HC discs for me too

Track 172 Cup
Save making a new thread I'll just put this here lol..... I managed to run down my RC6 till the death lol had about 1mm left on them but started to crumble and they managed about 8-10 track days. Chucked in my OEM brembo that I had left from when car was on the road as it was late in the afternoon and didn't wanna swap disc's and put my new DS1.11 on that late as the disc's needed changing too (was on my to get done list after Tuesday at Oulton lol) and I was suprised how well the OEM Brembo's stood up tbh, My dad went out on his own (we're normally 2 up in the car) and he stayed out 20 mins and they were good tbf you knew you had road pads on but saved having to stop the day early and still had a laugh and for £28 a set they were a good get out the poo card, they still have plenty left on so will be back in the box and in the van as spares.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Yeah the standard brembo stuff is pretty good as a road pad, definitely more that just your standard pad thats for sure. It's all i use in my cars for DD.