ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini John Cooper Works GP 0316

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
New toy. Bought it for the Mrs but I think I'll keep it.

Only 29k miles, never seen rain until today. Set of new GP2 Recaros which were £1400 each! (I have the mint OEM Recaros too).

So far so good. Drove it for 5 hours on the way home, its just so much fun. Shocking photo's but who cars!

On collection:

IMG_3303.jpg

IMG_3304.jpg

On the way home

IMG_3306.jpg

IMG_3305.jpg

IMG_3307.jpg

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
They look daft IMO, that spoiler, wheels, mirrors. To in your face. Again, IMO. I love the interior though

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love it. So much cooler than the GP2 and always will be cool as f**k.

Prefer the standard Recaros as they're heated etc. Are these the same?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Love it. So much cooler than the GP2 and always will be cool as f**k.

Prefer the standard Recaros as they're heated etc. Are these the same?
Yeah heated with airbags, hence the retarded price.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'm not changing the wheels. The standard ones make it for me.

Trying to find a cheap steering wheel to have re trimmed in alcantara.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
£290 to tax it robbing arse.

£299 for an inspection II service was a turn up though.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Tell me it doesn't still have runflats?

Standard wheels > all.

M2 Comp
Love this, especially the seats!

Tell me it doesn't still have runflats?

Standard wheels > all.

Does swapping the runflats for some 'normal tyres' make that much of a difference? My girlfriend has a Cooper S with runflats and the ride is awful! If you're pressing on it skips all over the road and takes away any enjoyment from what I imagine could be a fun little car. Didn't know if it was down to the runflats or just the way it was setup in general.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Does swapping the runflats for some 'normal tyres' make that much of a difference? My girlfriend has a Cooper S with runflats and the ride is awful! If you're pressing on it skips all over the road and takes away any enjoyment from what I imagine could be a fun little car. Didn't know if it was down to the runflats or just the way it was setup in general.

Makes a massive difference mate. Improves the ride, handling & road noise!

Awesome!

Does swapping the runflats for some 'normal tyres' make that much of a difference?

I had RFTs until this year, swapped for some Goodyear Eagle Ays2 (265/30/19). Made a MASSIVE difference for me, far less harsh, better grip, just a tad nosier. Plus they are cheaper than RFTs.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The difference on RFs is and non is like driving a different car, I can say that hand on heart. Even a 3 series I drove recently was horrible. And the tyre prices were eye watering.