ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mine... Also a WIP Thread.

Works...kind of...
Just found some random shots in my archives from work over the years which I thought would be worth posting.

My idea of a fix for the corroded plug due to the leaking (now fixed) sunroof.

interiorlightwiring.jpg

Working :cool:

interiorlightworking.jpg

I think I spent almost a year without an interior light and I was like a kid with a new toy when I realised it came on with the CL/dimmed out slowly etc. :eek:

Passenger electric window motor and loom fitted:

PICT0003copy.jpg

When I had a fit in my head to replace all the blown illumination bulbs, oddly all the bulbs on the centre (heaters, clock, ciggy lighter) were all blown. Still got one more to go being the dipped beam light on the instrument panel:

PICT0012.jpg

Also had to get the ciggy lighter working again for my phone charger and the like. Had alot of corrosion.

Got stuff arriving in the week so expect some more updates

clio mk1 1997 1.4 rt
is it a hard job to get into the heater dials and clock to change the bulbs. because i am thinking of changing mine to blue

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
You have to remove the two screws for the flap where the cd player is, and pull that upwards and out.

There are now two screws holding the dials in place, just unscrew them and twist the dials away and down, then they should pop out to get in and change the dials.

2thumbs how easy was it to install the electrics? Did your doors have the loom plug already in?

clio mk1 1997 1.4 rt
when i first bought my mk1 it pissed in but then a filled the gap between the glass and seal with sillcin, its doesn't look the best and i can't use the sunroof any more but it doesn't leak any more and all my eletrics work

Works...kind of...
2thumbs how easy was it to install the electrics? Did your doors have the loom plug already in?

Piece of pish mate.

Install the wiring (starting with the furthest away being the central locking solenoid plug) via the hole in the door where it meets the bulkhead, clip it all in, plug in the central locking/electric windows etc, then plug in the big plug into the bulkhead socket. No modifying of the main loom needed at all.

The motor's are a tw@t to fit though. Need two people and it took me about 2 hours to do the first one all in all. Second ones took about an hour.

Works...kind of...
how did you fix the sunroof? i have a second shower when i drive my car after its rained...

If it's leaking between the glass and the seal, you will need to seal it up completly and you wont be able to use the sunroof again.

Luckily mine was leaking between the plastic trim and the roof due to the sealant breaking down (check around the trim for gaps) so I bought some Clear Unibond bathroom sealant in B&Q.

Remove all the old sealent with a sharp plastic object (so you dont scratch the paint) then lift up the plastic trim and start putting the sealant inside all the way around. When that's dry, do the same again but on the edges of the plastic trim where it meets the bodywork.

That way you'll have two leak proof layers incase the outside one starts breaking down.

Works...kind of...
is it a hard job to get into the heater dials and clock to change the bulbs. because i am thinking of changing mine to blue

It's not as simple as changing the bulb for a blue one I'm affraid if that's what you're thinking of doing.

All the plastic light channels inside the units are orange which is what makes it all illuminate in that colour. The only way to change the colour of the units is to strip them and take off the orange film on the channels. Dont ask me how to do any of this, I've not got a clue but I'm sure a search of the forums will bring some results.

All the bulbs as standard are clear/white, not orange.

clio mk1 1997 1.4 rt
its only orange flim so changing it to a blue flim behind the dials should shine blue when the lights are turned on is that what your saying

Works...kind of...
As the car's going in to the sprayers first thing tomorrow morning, I took everything out of the car earlier.

Considering I had them both out I decided to finally fix the amp to the sub box after months of it flying around the boot! :lmao:

25-11-07007.jpg

It's one less thing to do. :D

Works...kind of...
TEH UPDATEZ0RZ!!1!!

my new door pockets arrived just now (Much thanks to Rob_Clio :D). So now the electric window/mirror switches wont be floating around with visible wires.

26-11-07.jpg

Just a shame there's no car to fit them in! :lmao:

Works...kind of...
It's BAAAAAAAACK! :D

Proper chuffed with the results, no more rusty arches and no more gaping scratch down the passenger side. Best of all it cost me less than I was quoted... £3 less lmao!

Pics to follow. ;)

Works...kind of...
Thank mate.

I'll be fitting the new door pockets too, so I'll post some before & afters like usual.

Works...kind of...
Right then...

No befores I'm afraid, weather was too nasty the day before I took it in.

N/S rear quater where the scratch was, just below the rear side window:

29-11-07001.jpg

N/S arch where the worst rust was, just to the left of where the torsion bar cap is:

29-11-07002.jpg

O/S rear arch which had rust bubbles in general all around the edges:

29-11-07003.jpg

Drivers side door shut which had rust coming through too:

29-11-07004.jpg

Now the Door Pockets...

Before:

29-11-07005.jpg

After:

29-11-07007.jpg

Took a bit of modification to fit, but they went in nicely in the end.

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
29-11-07003.jpg

Need to get the PC on that matey. Looks a bit of a horses ass as it is.

Any pics of the whole car?

Works...kind of...
Indeed it does have a bit of orange peel, but no where near as much as I was expecting for what I paid.

Getting PC'd after Christmas. :)

Works...kind of...
Knock on the door at 9am greeted me to this:

05-12-07002.jpg

:cool:

Ordered them 3 weeks ago tomorrow, not bad considering they had to be made and sent direct from Germany.

Doubt I'll be fitting them before new year now, but I'll sure try.

Works...kind of...
Order arrived earlier, although too late to be able to use it all. Will have to be tomorrow now.

12-12-07003.jpg

And the Boston Acoustic speakers I went to Cornwall to collect. :cool:

12-12-07005.jpg

Gonna be making a start on refurbing the old Speedlines tomorrow.

Here's the worst one at the moment.

27-11-07001.jpg

27-11-07002.jpg

Proper nasty-ness.

I'll be posting pics with progress as usual. :)

Works...kind of...
Of what chap? :)

It's getting lowered next week, so I'll post up some pics of the whole car then.

Works...kind of...
Broke my old repeaters, so splashed out on some better ones:

22-01-08003-1.jpg

To:
22-01-08004-1.jpg

I know it's dirty, but I aint washing it! :D

phase 1 172
looks a nasty key mark there

doesnt fall in the accidental scratch category!

car should look good whem done mate

Works...kind of...
I am carrying on (it was the heat of the moment at the time that made me want to stop), but my plans have changed.

I'm not making it in to a "showcar" anymore.

Works...kind of...
If you need any parts shotblasted / powder coated let me know (about 20 miles down the road from you)

Legend! :D

Update:

Got my Boston Acoustic speakers fitted in the doors at long last.

Took an age was poverty spec models didn't come with speaker holes.

19-02-08001.jpg

19-02-08005.jpg

And my new headunit thanks to Mr Colin G. ;)

09-02-08013.jpg

(I know the interior's a mess)

Works...kind of...
So this is what £60's worth of sound deadening looks like...

19-02-08007.jpg

4 sheets per pack @ 450mm x 300mm

Excuse the poor taste in carpet! ;)

Am now waiting on the MDF speaker baffles to arrive and it'll all get fitted.