ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mine... Also a WIP Thread.

Works...kind of...
A late entrance I guess as I've had the car nearly 2.5 years now, but I thought I'd start this thread as it's going to be changing alot in the next few weeks so I'd like to document it. :)

Here is how it stands at the moment:

CarFrontweb.jpg

Today I've won these on eBay, I'm quite chuffed. Will be picking them up tomorrow.

ada1_1.jpg

Will need two new tyres which I've already got in the pipe line and will be getting some original Renault centre caps to replace the tacky "A" ones.

Got a bit of curbing on one or two of them, not sure if I'll fit them as they are or remove the tyres, refurb them (possibly in a different colour) and fit new Exalto tyres all round.

I've also got some new door looms arriving this week so now I can fit the Electric Mirrors I've had in the garage for months. :)

Also got some Eibach Sportline -40mm springs on order too.

Slowly but surely, it's coming along me 'andsomes!

wouldnt have been the alloys i would have chosen, but still a nice improvement

any other mods planned?

RenaultSport 172.
agreed with bland...not my choice of rimmage, but should looks swish non of the less :)

Works...kind of...
Bideford mate.

They wouldn't be my first choice traditionally either. But I seen them while browsing and liked them as they look similar to Turini's (minus 1 spoke obviously ;)) IMO and ofcourse the price I got them for was a bit of a bonus. :)

Dan, that's a kind offer. You may have PM in a few days. :D

Works...kind of...
Picked them up just now. Alot better condition than I expected! Hardly any curbing at all which is a far cry from the 13's on the car at the moment.

The usual photoshop to give an idea.

22-10-07001copy.jpg

williams and trophy
are those adikt buzz?

i had those on my black valver, bout 6-7 years ago now, they were 16s tho. looked the nads ttbh, filled the arches very nicely. 205/45/16s werent cheap tho lol.

Works...kind of...
They are Adikt Excels if the back of the spokes are anything to go by.

I do like them, team dynamic-esque styling but at a fraction of the price. :D

Works...kind of...
Here's one of the wheels after a wash and Meguiars Hot Wheel'ing.

22-10-07002.jpg

Yes, I did use a toothbrush for those hard to reach areas. I dont do things by halves. ;)

Expect some pics of them on the car in a few days. It's not as high as I first expected...which is nice. Will still be lowered on Eibach Sportline's in a few weeks (aka when I get payed) though.

Car SOLD :-(
Just won this. Think I got a bit of a bargain because the seller didn't list it right. :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=130163892893&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=003

One in the car is a bit worn and not very nice to handle, so this should hopefully make the world of difference.

Tip for you:

Carefully use paint stripper to remove the black paint, then use autosol, then brasso with plenty of elbow grease and the metal sparkles. Done a couple and they look great when finished.:cool:

Works...kind of...
Could you give me an estimate Dan how much you'd charge to do the front springs and adjust the torsion bar?

Also if I wanted to have shocks fitted aswell please.

Works...kind of...
I'm having right trouble removing my old steering wheel. It's moved about 1-2cm but now I'm shatteredl lol

I'm assuming brute force is the best way... (dont have any pullers)

Works...kind of...
The usual Sunday grind.

About a year back I hit a Mondano in staples carpark. Caused some damage to my rear end (oo err misses) so todays task was to re-align the bumper mounts.

How it started this morning:

CarBackweb.jpg

This is what I was greated by after removing the bumper:

04-11-07001.jpg

All the brackets were feeling sorry for themselves:

04-11-07002.jpg

After some elbow grease, used engine oil and a rag. Oh and a well placed soft hammer and wooden handle:

04-11-07003.jpg

04-11-07004.jpg

All done:

04-11-07005.jpg

Removed the broken plastic from the boot strip aswell untill I can source a replacement.

Also, yesterday I fitted the correct Door looms (Big thanks to DJW John/Dave for those). So now I can fit the electric mirrors and I have one touch window winding now.

Last edited:
  Phase 1 172, boxster
nice work buddy, good to see it being done properly

it reminds me of my car 9 months ago lol

Works...kind of...
Thanks guys. :)

I do like to try and do things to a good standard. And I quite enjoy doing stuff like this tbh. I get alot of satisfaction when I see the end product. :D

Oh forgot to add, I managed to get the drivers side central locking working with a bit of handy work with the loom too. I love it when I plan comes together!

Phase 1 172, boxster
i can lower the torsion bar for you if you have trouble doing it, live in guildford though so bit of a mission

Works...kind of...
Thanks for the offer mate. ;) I might be in touch depending how tomorrow goes (ringing up some local garages/people I know)

1.8 8v RSi
Just won this. Think I got a bit of a bargain because the seller didn't list it right. :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=130163892893&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=003

One in the car is a bit worn and not very nice to handle, so this should hopefully make the world of difference.

Tip for you:

Carefully use paint stripper to remove the black paint, then use autosol, then brasso with plenty of elbow grease and the metal sparkles. Done a couple and they look great when finished.:cool:
bargin that... and follow the guys advice....i did it with mine and it looks amazing...
I'm having right trouble removing my old steering wheel. It's moved about 1-2cm but now I'm shatteredl lol

I'm assuming brute force is the best way... (dont have any pullers)
and eys brute force is hwo to do it:p just make sure u keep then bolt in when ur pulling it cause it will shamsh ur face in if ur not carefull

Works...kind of...
Booked the car in to my local body repair shop today.

Repairing the bubbles of rust on both back arches and spray over some scratches and scuffs that are also on the back quarter.

Will post some pics when it gets back.

Works...kind of...
Bought some Autoglym Metal Polish today so had a go at the Exhaust tip. :)

Before:
13-11-07001.jpg

After:
13-11-07002.jpg

Not finished it yet, but started to rain after the polish so decided to leave it till later.

nok

'05 Clio + '99 XsaraCoupé
Great work man, car is lokking better after every update!

Bookmarked this thread so I can see the progress hehe