ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Miltek: centre to cat pipe too small?

Tav

Clio 197
Hey guys looking for some input on a potential issue, below is my yet unanswered email to ktec racing:

Morning!

Recently received a Miltek system from your selves. Removed old exhaust yesterday and I'm going to fit new exhaust today.

I built the exhaust up off the car first; to check the components for fit, condition and what not.

I'm a little concerned about the small adaptor flange that goes between the cat and the middle section of the system. Whilst it mates to the cat fine, it seems too small in diameter to properly sleeve into the middle section. Instead of sliding in with no room to spare (like the back boxes connect to the middle section) there's a good 2-3mm of play between the surfaces. I can't see how clamping these pipes together will produce a proper seal?

Looking for your input based on your experiences with these systems. Many thanks in advance,

Mark

P.S

I can provide pics, if desired, for clarity.

Tav

Clio 197
It's not a case if it being s**t it's the fact that the external diameter of the joining pipe is 58mm and internal diameter of the centre box 62mm, that's a difference of 4mm.

Tav

Clio 197
Again I don't see that as being a helpful answer, the rear section fits fine. I'm trying to find out if I've been given the wrong part.

Tav

Clio 197
Ktec are emailing Miltek to find out which part is wrong. Still keen to hear anyone elses input whilst I wait.