ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Milltek Warning

Lionel Richie
technically my jibes at "cracking welds" is inaccurate, gayboy above is more correct, the weld is basically too hot and has weakened the surround material causing it to alter its crystal structure (ie become brittle) hence crackie crackie

some shiznit like that, thats a stella fuelled answer

(matt - M1 + F430 + knock + 5hrs + AA = get home = :()

Lionel Richie
(off topic) bloody Italian tat! Gallardo was sound as going up there (one caught fire on saturday, hence my trip!) F430 on the way back, knock knock knock, horrible! Passing cars = abuse! LMAO

Ouch! Complete lack of oil pressure and fallout in sump or is it something less serious?

If its the one I think it is it does have a hard life though ;-)

Cheers
M

378bhp Leon Cupra R
Well recieved a call today from Milltek to say they are sending out a complete new cat-back system including de-cat pipe for my troubles to the place where i bought it and assure me all issues are resolved.
i said that was fine but if anything similar goes wrong i want a full refund

also does the milltek decat pipe come with the hole for the lamda sensor probe because i do not want my engine management light on.

and do you think it makes a difference with decat rather than just cat-back

cheers,
Craig

S4 Avant
My light came on about 5 weeks after fitting the decat.

I'll be swapping my exhaust over at the weekend and fitting a new decat pipe with a bolt to block the lambda hole. Tuck the lambda sensor under the floor of the car, and the light won't come on.

do you think its worthwhile putting the decat on it for performance???

Very much so

378bhp Leon Cupra R
i thought the Milltek decat came with the hole for the lamda sensor probe so this does not occur maybe i,m wrong

S4 Avant
i thought the Milltek decat came with the hole for the lamda sensor probe so this does not occur maybe i,m wrong

The emissions light is flagged up in the car because the second lambda sensor detects the emmisions are too high. If you don't screw the second lambda into the decat, theres no emissions for it to detect.

Lionel Richie
FRED R U A YOZZASPORT REP ;)

IF IT WAS A FEW DECIBELS QUIETER IT WOULD BE A GOER

no i'm not, i have naff all to do with that company since nov 07 ;) still the best exhausts there are! :rasp:

manup otherwise i'll start calling you Ali!

ST
:rasp:

don,t be lazy Alan and read the whole thread

YA FUD!

Oh i have, its full of steers n queers.

th_0c4099c5.jpg

th_MOV00749.jpg

Need i say more?

320d
I've heard that the quality is an issue with milltek however the sound is great especially with the decat.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
my system arrived and I made some pics of the problematic area
guys who had the snapped welds problem: does these welds look the same as yours?

P1070323.jpg
P1070323-1.jpg

RenaultSport clio 18
Both my tail pipe welds have gone. Bought the system in November...slightly annoying...Getting a replacement isn't an issue, its just the hassle of getting it fitted.

378bhp Leon Cupra R
to be honest they welds look similar to mine when i got it fitted and i thought they looked strong
:mad:

i,m waiting on the place i got it phoning me when the replacement comes in but have all ready told them anything happens like this again and i want a refund.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
ok then, there are some guys here who had no problems with their system, PLEASE put some photos with the welds well done, at least we'll know how they were supposed to look like

378bhp Leon Cupra R
I,m waiting on my replacement system hopefully be here by Saturday the pic at the start of the thread is the only one i took sorry.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
there wasa guy saying he had a milltek for 2 years with no problem at all, maybe some other guys like him will post a pic to see if there is a difference between a good weld and a bad one.
Although my guess is that some exhausts had worn mounts or the stress on the welds in case was bigger than normal, somehow.. looking forward for your pics dolan!

378bhp Leon Cupra R
I spoke to a boss at Milltek and he said he knew of a bad batch of exhausts with weld issues and says this have been sorted.

378bhp Leon Cupra R
Phoned Milltek today to see where the hell my replacement is and they said there has been a back log so it will not be ready for shipment till Tuesday...:( should be here by Wed.....i was hoping it would be here by today so i could get it fitted tomorrow now will have to go about for another week sounding like a transit.:mad:

R

ricc182

Iv had mine fixed 3 times :( Can honestly say ill never buy a milltek ever again. Nice sound though

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I emailed milltek and gave them the production number and after a while they said the batch in question was ok so "it should be happy driving" :)
let's hope I'm one of the lucky ones

DCi
light will come on at some point, its guaranteed
why is that? mine keeps coming on - it made me fail MOT - then the tester put cleaning fluid in the fuel after reseting the light which got it through- does that sound right?

what exactly is going on?

pm if it's sending this off topic

Roadster Coupe
I had a milltek on my R26, the welds all come apart and the back box fell off and now I've got a milltek system on my cooper s, the welds have gone again and had the back box replaced.

I will never buy a milltek system ever again!!! Rubbish poor quality welding. :mad:

200 Gordini
Has anyone just had these re welded?

Ive been told the perf tube inside may be damaged and re welding might only last 5 minutes

172 cup
my system arrived and I made some pics of the problematic area
guys who had the snapped welds problem: does these welds look the same as yours?

P1070323.jpg
P1070323-1.jpg

that weld looks perfectly fine but in my opinion it should have been more angled down to the silencer for better strength and welds are prone to crack at the side of a weld due to heat input and composition of the filler wire ;) but if anyone has this trouble and lives near or in leicester and wants it taking off and welding up then thats fine just give me a shout :)

Matty