ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Milltek Warning

378bhp Leon Cupra R
Hi, got a milltek cat back system on my 182 in Jan supplied and fitted by Drivers in Glasgow and from the start i had problems with the tail pipes sitting square i even bought new mounts when i got it fitted.....then after a month it started blowing..it was the joint between the cat and new system.....then this week i started to hear it blowing again so took it back today and for the guy to say to me come have a look at this

NewImage-1-1.gif

i couldn,t believe it.....so much for Milltek being Quality i said so he said hes going to phone them on Monday and send then pics

to be honest i don,t really want another one i know they can supply Scorpion exhausts......so might ask to get this

Help,thoughts and advise welcome

Cheers.....Craig

182 FFAT
this is not good.. as I will install my brand new milltek cat-back on
wednesday ...

378bhp Leon Cupra R
I have heard of a good few that have had problems with the welds

i,m not a happy bunny:mad:

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yep a good few have done this, not just a faulty batch as its been over a period.

Not good stuff :(

378bhp Leon Cupra R
Right i have just been on the phone to Milltek and told them what had happened ....eg problems with allignment joints & welds he has known of issues with Renault systems 182 & 197 and assures me they have now been resolved he is going to contact the place i bought it from on Monday and he will include a cat replacement pipe for my troubles.
I don,t know what to do whether take this or push for another system. (eg...Scorpion)
:banghead:

ITB BG 182
Take it and say if it stuffs up again that you will be asking for another system.

Ive had a Milltek for 2+years now and not a single problem with them at all.

378bhp Leon Cupra R
Apart from mot fail what other issues can their be with cat replacement pipe(eg..engine management light)???

Meg R26, Nissan 200sx S13
Very disappointed with the milltek on my Megane, fitting was a nightmare and the tail pipes are rusty as hell!!

CIMG0158.jpg

378bhp Leon Cupra R
the guy from milltek also basically said vast production means more goes through quaility assurance unchecked eg 10 out of 20 checked blah blah blah!!!

plz advise with these options if it where your car

1. get replaced Milltek cat-back
2 get replaced milltek & decat pipe
3. change to Scorpion

cheers...Craig

378bhp Leon Cupra R
this is doing my head in......nice sunny day for a drive and my car sounds like a bucket
:dead:

378bhp Leon Cupra R
do you get a set of ear plugs with a yozzasport not my ideal noise for a day to day car cheers anyway.

BMW M135i
Had no real problems with mine on the 225, tailpipes were getting a little rusty but they've been fine since they stopped chucking bloody road salt about the place.

Milteks are terrible for the welds cracking in general, although they from what I heard have good customer service ie they will replace it no questions asked.

Dodgy one
Just fitted mine today, Hopefully it will last, The welds looked good on it too It was a bit of a pain to get perfectly centred mind

378bhp Leon Cupra R
i bet your mucking about with the rear mounts within a week or two then it will be tiewraps to the rescue.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Not just Milltek's are problematic, my Prospeed has been welded up twice and needs doing again. But these exhausts are better than Renault's.

378bhp Leon Cupra R
Been thinking about it i like the sound of the Milltek , so i think i will try it with decat pipe....can anyone tell me if the decat comes with the holes for the Lamba??? to stop the engine management light coming on.

nobody has gave me any opinions on the Scorpion so i am having second thoughts

cheers Craig.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I can't wait for Fred to see this LOL

It will be "I told you so ;)"

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Loud i think!!! I told you lot so too ;) My Milltek was w**k. The whole system seemed jigged 10mm out, it would just not fit properly, had to majorly mod my mouts to get it to sit anything near..... Far too much stress in the system, the pipes constantly moved about. Poor. Loved the sound though, spot on with the cat, HATE loud raaassspy systems

might look at one for the 197, and get some slash cut pipes welded on

Lionel Richie
get a yozza, they're not as loud as uber gay lord Ali makes them out to be, at 80mph on cruise they're silent! he'd fall over if you shouted at him, raging shirt lifter so he is

S4 Avant
I think slating Milltek isn't the way forward here, they do good work with exhausts and are very reputable. Seems like they have had a bad batch made recently, but from the looks of things have offered excellent customer service.

...but in fairness to Fred, the yozzas do sound epic. Find a local tunnel and you'll be very happy

Clio 182 FF Cup
does no one know anyone with a Scorpion exhaust?????

i got a scorpion (RS192), only been on the car a month so no rusting or cracking yet. it doesnt fit 100% perfect, needs a bit of adjusting but i cant find the time. its bassy at tickover but reasonably quite when driving normally and louder when nailing it, but not overly so, defo one of the quieter systems. i got it mailed to me so was able to have a good look at all the welds and seems a quality piece of kit. would recommend. btw the extra 10bhp is a fallacy.

Lionel Richie
oh yeah i agree totally, excellent with sorting stuff out, i just gave up with them in the end, i look after an old M3 (E30) and its had 4 centre sections in 18months!!! now has a supersprint

they need to turn down the welder, sad i can tell this from looking at the welds! :eek:

Lionel Richie
its what i know fella, pisses me off when people buy something from a "big name" that is below par and bloody well shouldn't be!