ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Milltek Quality Issues

RS Clio 182
Close to ordering a Milltek system but I know build quality was an issue with this system. Just want to find out if these niggles have been sorted out by Milltek. I know they had dodgy batches which K Tec assure me that all the problems associated are no more. Can you guys give me some comments on this if youve recently bought this system.
Ta

RenaultSport clio 18
Mine was replaced about a year ago. Touch wood, it has been fine so far, with no issues.

RS Clio 182
Cool. from what ive seen on you tube vids and Millteks website the sound is decent and not stupidly loud, little bit bassy. Hows the system sounding?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
It was around a year ago that there was a bad batch produced with faulty end plates on the rear silencers. Any faulty ones were replaced with a new rear silencer and we have not had any issues for a while now. Milltek were very quick to sort out any issues.

David.

ur megane r26
Iv got the same as above, full milltek decatted system and I have not had one problem with it, would definately say do it, they sound lovely, and although decatted makes it tonnes louder you still dont hear it too much if you dont throttle it

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
from what i know milltek have a really good reputation for quality, i had one on my mcs and loved it!

RS Clio 182
so far so good gonna go ahead with it tonight. It`s annoying that I wont get any power gains if I dont decat unless I`m wrong about this and I`ll only see slight differences if I leave the cat in

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
You usually see a bigger difference with a de-cat too as there quite restrictive, though milltek claim to give good increases over competition

RS Clio 182
thanks for your help lads. I ordered the system last night and took into account what everyone has said. Milltek was the 1st system I came across last year and saw all the other exhausts available and really was a toss up between that and the scorpion. The only thing that put me off the scorpion was that it may have been TOO quiet which is what I wanted but I think it may have been too quiet . I'm hoping with the milltek I've found a happy medium and who knows if I don't see a difference in performance then may be popping down to see the boys at JMS to say bye byes to the cat :)

182 trackday racer
The Milltek will be very quiet at the begining but after run in you will get the propper grunt!

Oh btw, you may wanna look in to the 182 cathlyst modification at the same time you are mounting the system. A lot of the restricions of the cat can be found in the outgoing connection to the exhaust. Everywhere else its full 2½ inch but not there. You are able to increase the area by 60% if making this mod taking it up to a full 2½ inch all the way through. It includes welding and some other work. Totaly worth it though.

If you are interested Ill post some images.

Last edited:
  ITB BG 182
I have had a milltek on my 182 since i did the GB all that time ago. Never had any problems with it.
I spoke to the man who owns Milltek and he wants to know if people would in interested in a group buy on their sport cats for the 1*2 system.

RS Clio 182
what's the cost for the sports cat? will I gain anything from that as oppose to the standad cat. I hear sports cat don't do much but correct me if I'm wrong

ITB BG 182
Well the sports cat for the Milltek will make it a 2.5" (or is it 2.25") bore system all the way through. Ive heard many people say it feel better and abit gruntier like having a de-cat but with a sports cat it will pass the mot still and is alittle less restrictive.

182 trackday racer
Well the sports cat for the Milltek will make it a 2.5" (or is it 2.25") bore system all the way through. Ive heard many people say it feel better and abit gruntier like having a de-cat but with a sports cat it will pass the mot still and is alittle less restrictive.

Cant really se the point in buying a new cat when you can achieve the same results by cutting the restricting flange of and welding a 2½ inch pipe to it. After all the cat on the 182 is a proper metallic race cat and no ceramic junk. Some hours work and at almost no cost at all.

RS Clio 182
I can forget that, that's way over priced, the other option sounds better. I'll make enquiries with JMS about that once ive got the system. that money could go towards and induction kit :p

ITB BG 182
Cant really se the point in buying a new cat when you can achieve the same results by cutting the restricting flange of and welding a 2½ inch pipe to it. After all the cat on the 182 is a proper metallic race cat and no ceramic junk. Some hours work and at almost no cost at all.
The above is all well and good when you can cut it off and weld a new one on, but like me i have not got a flipping clue where to start with what you have just said.

182 FF
Had mine for nearly three years. Faultless.

I removed the faggy centre box. And it's decatted.

http://vimeo.com/1985989

That must seem crazy loud sat in the car giving it the beans.

Had my milltek since just before xmas n all is good so far. When you get it fitted make sure you get em to seat it into the recesses has close as possible, the closer the zaust the better the look

182 trackday racer
Had mine for nearly three years. Faultless.

I removed the faggy centre box. And it's decatted.

http://vimeo.com/1985989

Hehe I like it. I want to drive with cat but the thought of building a new center section have occured to me :D

The above is all well and good when you can cut it off and weld a new one on, but like me i have not got a flipping clue where to start with what you have just said.

Okay sorry, Ill post some images then. Hope it will straighten a few things out. Diameter of the tightest section in standard configuration is 48mm with the mod it intreases to 61mm (2½in)

182 trackday racer
More images. Will remove pictures in a few days so if you need them for future modifications save them now.

RS RIP
got a Porsche sitting there on the bridge in pic 3 ?

Nice job with the exhaust. Did you think about the first flange , before cat ? That one seems also to be a smaller diameter

ITB BG 182
Godspeed - thats bob on but dont know anyone here that would do it.
Also like Franx has said would it not be benefical to widen the pre-cat section too?

182 trackday racer
got a Porsche sitting there on the bridge in pic 3 ?

Nice job with the exhaust. Did you think about the first flange , before cat ? That one seems also to be a smaller diameter

Yes that is a 911 with wider turbo arches and a RS engine, rather nice. You should see the one standing on the other side ;)

Concerning the pre cat section. If I remember correct it's got almost the right size so no need to do anything there. Just that photo that looks strange, this one is more accurate.

Last edited: