ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Milltek fitted on my 182 (pics and video)

Looking for 182
Hello.

I finally had a new exhaust fitted to my 182. The standard exhaust was completely screwed and there was a horrible rattle under acceleration, as well as a nasty metallic resonance when dropping back down through the revs. It made the car feel slow because I didn't push it too much for fear of the thing falling apart.

I got the Milltek fitted on Saturday, purely based on videos from YouTube and from pictures on here. I know that the quality of them has come under numerous discussions here but with the warranty they offer I am not massively fussed about it.

When people said "it's a little louder than standard", I wasn't really expecting much. It is twice as loud as I anticipated (nothing compared to a decat or Yozza though, obviously!). For me it's perfect! Good combination of a deep sound when giving it some, and not too loud for when you're just cruising about town. I LOVE IT!

Bad part though, I still have a very SLIGHT rattle under heavy acceleration (like doing a hill start in first, so if the car is under a little strain). I think this is down to the cat-manifold gasket so I've bought a new kit from NWP which I'll fit this week, fingers crossed that sorts it.

Here are some crappy pics and a little video compilation I made (you should be able to here another little whistle/rattle type noise in the first clip as I accelerate, I think this is also caused by whatever is causing the other rattle).

photo1tg.jpg

photo2mfj.jpg

[youtube]e7rvAZaY6gI[/youtube]
A blade of grass is causing that green blur!

As far as I know it fitted on easily enough. It isn't quite sitting how I would want so I'm going to do some reinforcement work on the exhaust hangers at some point.

Very happy indeed. Car feels quicker because I'm now able to rev over 6k without the car sounding like it's going to explode :)

Titanium 182
I had the same rattling problem with my last 172. Try the new gasket and bolt kit, but it might actually be the cat itself that's gone.

Looking for 182
I had the same rattling problem with my last 172. Try the new gasket and bolt kit, but it might actually be the cat itself that's gone.

Yeah I'm going to go with the gasket and bolt kit as it's the cheaper option for now. If it turns out to be the cat itself then I'll just keep an eye out for a second hand one to put on there. I don't fancy a decat as I think it'll be too loud for my liking.

Titanium 182
Yeah I'm going to go with the gasket and bolt kit as it's the cheaper option for now. If it turns out to be the cat itself then I'll just keep an eye out for a second hand one to put on there. I don't fancy a decat as I think it'll be too loud for my liking.

I'm in exactly the same dilemma as you again, as my current 182's mid section is rattling - it was making a whistling/knocking noise so I changed the catbolt kit which completely got rid of all the noises, including the rattling for a while, but the rattling is back now at 2000rpm and around 4000rpm on the overrun. I've got my Yozzasport which I'm fitting today, so hopefully that gets rid of it but I reckon the cats gone and thrown it's debris into the mid section of the exhaust. Hopefully yours is sorted with the bolts :)

Just noticed you're in Heathfield, I'm from East Grinstead so pretty near you :) have friends who live in Cross in Hand, too!

EDIT: watching your video (other than scaring me when you pulled back onto the grass) it sounds just like the leaking sound I had - when you jack the car up you might see some carbon deposists running down the cat from where the manifold meets!

Looking for 182
Oh cool, my Granddad, Auntie and Cousin live in Cross In Hand, and I get my petrol from there :p

Fitting the Milltek got rid of 95% of rattles, so hopefully fitting your Yozza will help get rid of yours as well. Fingers crossed it's not my cat which is screwed :)

Mondeo TDCi
looks good, fitting my yozza seemed to get rid of mine. although it could be that i just can't hear it over the sound of the exhaust!!

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Rattle might be the crappy flange fitment between the cat and the rest of the exhaust

Titanium 182
looks good, fitting my yozza seemed to get rid of mine. although it could be that i just can't hear it over the sound of the exhaust!!

Fitted mine this morning and it's got rid of all the rattles as well! It is quite loud :S

I reckon the cat bolt will get rid of your rattles, Squirrel!

500 Twinair
I had rattling and virbration from mine, and found fiddling with exhaust hangars did the trick.

Clio RS 182
Got my Milltek fitted on saturday, was a right pain in the ass, did yours fit correctly?

I've had to use jubilee clips to line it up correctly, looks like yours could do with being lifted up a little.

I have a problem with a rattle sound but its too hard to explain and sounds like its coming from higher up on the manifold. Evans Halshaw put a new gasket fitting kit on when i reported the problem and that didn't cure it. Took it in twice since and they've said its just the way they sound, they may aswell of just said 'theyre sh!t as fuk standard so deal with it'.

Im betting its the manifold to engine gasket, but its a pain in the ass to check.

Clio 182 Black Gold
Does anyone know where I can get a Yozza with the look and sound of a milltek?

OR

A Milltek with the build and fit of a yozza?

hmmmmmm

:dapprove:

RB 182 Gordini
I have a Miltek system on my RB182, had it for about 2 months now as the std one was shot at, semi/steel crap! I must say tho I have no rattles or anything coming from mine. But reading all of your comments I may have to investigate and see :)

monaco 172
i had the same rattle, found out it was the cat gone well the stuff in it. really annoyin so i cut it out and put pipe in. fitted a milltek exhaust last week and it sounds sweet. first second and third gear sound savage

182, Q7, Focus, XFR
Ok mate, how do you rate it out of 10 in terms of noise? Vid clips are helpful, but its not like in person! Can you give an out of 10 rating for the standard system, then the same for what you expected, then what it is.. 10 obviously being ear-bleedingly loud, 1 being throttle on or off, can hardly hear it..

Looking for 182
The rattle was fixed some time ago now, a local garage just adjusted the engine mounts and stuff and it was gone. It sits fine, although I've got a few cable ties down there holding things in place.

I don't really know how to rate the noise, as it's all subjective. For me though it is perfect, the main thing being that it is a much deeper sound, which sounds great when you start the car and at idle, and even better when giving it some. I'm 25, I don't want to draw attention to myself in a Clio, but I did want a little extra noise and this is perfect. From videos I feel like Yozzas et al are more of a raspy noise (over the top imo), whereas the Milltek is a sporty rumble, I love it. I also drive with my cold air feed disconnected now as well so it all sounds very nice when giving it some. Will get another video some time if I get a chance.

b/g 182, meg tourer
i like the sound of the miltek's. they sound so much better with the centre section in the bin tho, cat still in place. fell in love with min e again after removing the centre section and fitting a straight pipe in its place. hardly sounds any louder inside or driving in low revs but as soon as you hit full throttle, the exhaust note is transformed! std miltek was just a little too deep sounding for me.