ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mileage reset on 182

Hi. I put my 182 into the dealer 2 weeks ago to get my instrument panel replaced under warranty. When I got the car back, the mileage had been reset. I phoned them today to see if I could get it set back to normal and they say it cannot be done. Apparently they will have marked the orginal mileage in the service book and that is that. I now have a car with 650 miles on the clock. Anyone else had their mileage reset? I refuse to believe that Renault cant change the odometer. After all, they built the car.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Erm it is possible, you need to get one of those mileage correction guys to do it.

Boxster S

Pug say the same about there cars. Have a mate whos car jumped from 40k to 127k after they serviced it and they refused to do anything about it.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Quote: Originally posted by Ants on 10 June 2005

Hi. I put my 182 into the dealer 2 weeks ago to get my instrument panel replaced under warranty. When I got the car back, the mileage had been reset. I phoned them today to see if I could get it set back to normal and they say it cannot be done. Apparently they will have marked the orginal mileage in the service book and that is that. I now have a car with 650 miles on the clock. Anyone else had their mileage reset? I refuse to believe that Renault cant change the odometer. After all, they built the car.
I have exactly the same thing... mines on 19500 but the computer says 5600 or something, wont bother changing it, will look even more dodgy, a service book that lies, says it was changed at x miles but then you say its worng, all gets confusing

They wrote in my service book it was changed at 13800 miles

Yeah, I dont want to end up paying for something that was Renaults fault. They replaced the instrument panel because they said it was faulty. I can imagine me in 3 years, when I am selling the car, getting all sorts of questions about it!

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Yeah, I dont want to end up paying for something that was Renaults fault. They replaced the instrument panel because they said it was faulty. I can imagine me in 3 years, when I am selling the car, getting all sorts of questions about it!
ditto... im just keping the origanal service book, and not changing it..... Im not paying for renaults problems on there wanky cars LOL :p

isnt it against the law to do that unless u have the old clock in the car so the miles add up not just on the service history. id get it put back on neway, wudnt feel right.

Stealth Bomber R26

Had this on my 172 as the trip computer kept resetting its at low air temps. Got my dealer to put my old dash back in and said i would put up with the fault.

What fault did you have on yours

Clio200 EDC Lux

My dads clio had his dash replaced last week ( W reg 1.4s) it was on 33000 now its 0 rofl. I even checked with Mike172 on here to confirm that renault cant put the mileage right.

Why are you worried aboutr the milage being put back, and if its only 2 weeks old then its not going to make a massive difference anyway

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 10 June 2005

Why are you worried aboutr the milage being put back, and if its only 2 weeks old then its not going to make a massive difference anyway
No, he gave them to do the work on the car 2 weeks ago.

he didnt say the car was 2 weeks old.

I assume its been noted in the service book, so you should be fine.
Mite be worth askign for a printed copy, ie receipt from dealership where it is printed down by them saying its been changed.

tsj

Benzo
No, he gave them to do the work on the car 2 weeks ago.

he didnt say the car was 2 weeks old.

I assume its been noted in the service book, so you should be fine.
Mite be worth askign for a printed copy, ie receipt from dealership where it is printed down by them saying its been changed.

I had mine done last week and come across this thread while searching for a place.

http://www.midlandmileagecorrection.co.uk

I went there, they took it out within 10 minutes and I left within the hour... bargain at £50 as I was quoted ridiculous prices by Renault :rasp: