ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mifi advice

I'm toying with the idea of getting some sort of mobile wifi device.

I work on a raf camp and the internet is utter tosh, and massively restricted. A mate of mine came round the other day with his Huawei e586 mifi thing. He was getting just over 5mb download with a '3' sim card. I was rather impressed, and fancy something like it for use at work.

Has anyone had any experience with these, or can anyone show me something that's worth a look?

Any help would be great.

Yup. I have the older version of the MIFI. works brilliantly. can connect any WIFI capable device to it. Get the 586 version as its the latest and fastest!

Sometimes Argos sell the ipad sims for 5 quid for a 1GB allowance that lasts up to 30 days.. just use one of these if you dont need 3G connection everyday. Saves signing up for a contract.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Do you have a smartphone?

A lot of them have a built in hotspot feature that does just this, loads of the android ones do, and the iPhone 4/4S.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I genuinely clicked on here because I thought it said ' milf advice'. Disappointed.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
hey Jenic, how do you get the Iphone 4 to be a hotspot?

Personal hotspot feature, in the settings. Just turn it on, and it will give you the wifi password in there too.

You might have to ring up your network to allow tethering, but some (like new o2 contracts) include it for free.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I've got 3 Mifi, 15gb for £15.99 pcm.

Cracking bit of kit!

Btw, O2 is TEN f**kING POUNDS FOR 1GB!!!!!!!!!!

Clio 197 F1
I use my 4s on the Three network and thether it all the time to my computer and iPad. Currently don't have an internet connection at home so use this all the time and never had any problems.

IMG_0508.png