ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Mobile, Yay or Nay?

A4 Avant & A3
Just after a bit of advice,
The Mrs is racking up some big mobile phone bills at the minute, she is with O2 on an old sim only contract.
Last month her phone enabled mobile internet for a few weeks un-noticed so ended up paying for daily usage even when not using it.
This month she's been using way more minutes.
Current tariff is:
200mins & 400 txts for £15. 30 day rolling contract.
Looking on O2, it's going to be £26 a month for 600mins/unlimited txts & 750mb data

Looking around, Virgin appear to do an unlimited everything for £15 a month 30day contract...
Seems too good..
So am i missing something?

Also tesco & t-mobile seem to have a much cheaper tariffs than O2 as well (not unlimited like virgin though!)

Any advice/previous experience greatly recieved.

A4 Avant & A3
Sorry, yeah SIM only she has a samsung smart phone which is pretty new.
And wants a 30 day contract, needs 500+minutes 300+ txts and might as well get data now to save racking up a bill if it gets turned on!

A4 Avant & A3
Cheers for that,
Ideally need more minutes I think, but on giffgaff the £10 tariff might do.
Do you know what network they use?
O2 is useless at our House, I made her keep with o2 previously a we had broadband discount!
​Now they've been taken over by sky I'll let her leave!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
That's a w**k contract, really don't need to look hard to beat that.

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
Just after a bit of advice,
The Mrs is racking up some big mobile phone bills at the minute, she is with O2 on an old sim only contract.
Last month her phone enabled mobile internet for a few weeks un-noticed so ended up paying for daily usage even when not using it.
This month she's been using way more minutes.
Current tariff is:
200mins & 400 txts for £15. 30 day rolling contract.
Looking on O2, it's going to be £26 a month for 600mins/unlimited txts & 750mb data

Looking around, Virgin appear to do an unlimited everything for £15 a month 30day contract...
Seems too good..
So am i missing something?

Also tesco & t-mobile seem to have a much cheaper tariffs than O2 as well (not unlimited like virgin though!)

Any advice/previous experience greatly recieved.

I've just switched over to that exact plan. I was with Vodafone before and so far Virgin has been better signal wise.

Couldn't be happier with it TBH

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've just switched myself and the Mrs to Virgin on the £15 deal, awaiting the SIMs at the moment.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Well based on my experience so far I couldn't recommend it, signal strength is sh*te and I'm struggling to even make or take calls (London/Reading based)